Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
Wow am I the only one who is questioning the practicality of this new shot gun. I am not a fan of any under barrel shoty. I bet that thing makes your weapon so unwieldy. Does anyone remember the xm26 and what a disaster that was (not to say this will be like the xm26). I think they are creating a solution for a problem that is a minor issue at best.

With proper TNG, TTP's and SOP's there is no problem running a secondary breaching shotgun. We always ran TL's as breachers as we did not want the TL being number one through the door anyway. Ill keep my nimble breaching 870 and crye can keep this. Does anyone know how much it weighs in both configs? ballistic breaching really not an issue in T1 units as every shooter is equally capable of breaching and going through the door first (unless the shooter is equipped with a open bolt or sniper weapon). So I wonder who was the driving force behind the development of this weapon.
Calab Crye drove the idea, but overall weigth was sufficantly lighter than the older XM26. how it would operate under condition would be beyond my civilian capability...