Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It seems like the new "gas system" is really just to accomadate the urx 4's terrible mounting. I'm sure it's not worse but I would like to see just how much better it is. If I take off my 3.1 it's getting a kmr for sure. As a factory rifle I think it's as fine an option as the mod1, so long as you don't want to change the handguard out.
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awesome. I can't wait to get that UCIW setup in 300 Blackout (DI).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Knights Armament @ SHOT 2014 by SMGLee

Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    The detachable feature is not on any URX 4 out in the wild. I've got a 13" U4.
    How are you liking the URX 4 so far?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There used to be a time where I cared about what Remington introduced at SHOT, but now, they are so behind the innovation curve, I could really care less. The debacle with the ACR has destroyed the holdings under that umbrella.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've already called my SIG rep on the MPX. He said its going to be April at the earliest but they will be flowing at that point. Woooo Hoooo!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    How are you liking the URX 4 so far?
    I will say that I strongly prefer the KAC URX 4 to the NSR or to any other keymod I have encountered. However, I have not handled BCMs. It feels like it has a wider diameter than the NSR and I like feel of it. I haven't had any issues with heat while shooting suppressed although I did pick up KAC's keymod rail covers.

In comparing it with the 3.1, I'm still getting used to it. However, it continues to grow on me.

I have it on a KAC 14.5 upper. I also have a stock KAC 14.5 Carbine with the 3.1. I still slightly prefer the 3.1 just because hand placement and controls are automatic for me. That said, I now live in a state where it gets fairly cold so I haven't shot it nearly as much as the 14.5" with the 3.1 and I'm still waiting on some accessories (particularly the surefire scout mount). I'm really looking forward to setting up a 500 lum scout ultra. I will not have the same space restrictions (mount to muzzle) as I do with the 3.1 on a 14.5". I'll be able to position it completely out of the way and use the SR07 switch.

Moreover, everyone that has either hefted the rifle with the U4 or has shot it - I mean every single person including my wife - not only prefers, but strongly prefers the U4. She actually made a comment along the lines of "not bad" which coming from her about a gun is a ringing endorsement. She seemed to even prefer it to the KAC 11.5 with the URX 3.1, which had been her preference because of weight. I am considering putting a 10" U4 on an 11.5 but I understand that KAC plans to come out with a U4 that's 10.75" (same length as their 3.1 midlength) which I would prefer.

Having handled an 8" URX 3, I would go for the 8.5" U4 but I'm not sure about the issue with your mount being slightly under the rail. That said, I don't think it's an issue if you are not running a suppressor and it's only the rear of the mount. There's a photo of Costa floating around of him running a MAMS on a KAC 14.5" 300 blk with a 14.5" U4 rail. I personally wouldn't opt for that set up, but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Bottom line is that it's growing on me and there are some real advantages with the U4. The only thing I do not like about it is that I had to swap my pinned KAC gas block for a screw gas block. But that's a psychological thing. I'm not a door kicker and I've never had a screw gas block come loose (but I've only had KAC and Centurion Arms). Moreover, the word is that Jack has figured out some way to install the U4 and be able to retain the pinned gas block. I wish he would post another video ....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzintzuntzan View Post
    I believe they're only in 5.56 and 6.8 SPC. However there is a 300 BLK DI gun being released but I agree that a 300 BLK version would be pretty slick, as would the option to get a "storm trooper" styled PDW just to have one.
    I just want a 300 BLK in that PDW style. I couldn't give two shits about Piston, in fact I would prefer DI. Did they confirm they're doing a factory SBR PDW in 300 BLK?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They showed one at the 2012 SHOT show. If you go to the LWRC Forum, they have some stuff on there about it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pics. The IC SBR with the standard stock is on my list for this year. In fact I asked my local FFL to order me one. Can't wait. Is that an 8" or 10" barrel on the SBR?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of Evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awesome pictures, love that 417 with ambi features, prefer the KAC ambi features better but love the HK package and especially the 417 in 12.5.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast