Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What booth were they giving away the bags in the last pic and is it to late?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    What booth were they giving away the bags in the last pic and is it to late?
    LOL.

There's some exciting stuff coming out. After every SHOT, I can hear my credit card begging for mercy.

It's weird, but good, to see piston AR makers getting into the DI game. Even LWRC is making complete DI guns, who'd have thunk it?

Feedback Score
    Lots of folks overlooked the new keymod handstop that PWS is releasing. They had some proof of concepts at the show and are still refining the design. I was fortunate to go home with one and love the design.

Feedback Score
    What's that new brake? Looks...interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt Canada at SHOT 2014 by SMGLee

I checked out the Colt booth but did not find anything new to take pictures of......then I saw the Colt Canada section.

This is a technology demonstrator. this platform consist of the weapon with its associated electronics, remote command unit, and communication to various battle asset.

SWORD(Sniper Weapon Observer Recon device), Smal Arms Fire Control System utilized a patented Small arms network power data system to control the battel field intel and operation. for example, a Sniper in the field, the command can identify the high value target, confirm the target identity and assign the shooter a shoot or no shoot command. command can also assign various targets for infantry to engage via direct rifle fire or unseen target via rifle mounted grenade. This system gives a real tiem hand off from the observer to the shooter.

* all components on the system are only for technology demo purpose, it is not the actual end product.

EAGLE grenade launcher

Eletronic contact points, this system is also can be conrol by bluetooth through your personal communicator device.

Contact point underneath the stock.

Unseen targets can be send to operator via command and control(intel possibly gather by drone over the battle field) and the observor can remotely designated the target location and the location can be viewed via the smart phone/digital screen on the weapon. the operator just have to follow the guide in the screen and elevate the weapon to a pre designated angle and let off the grenade to hit the unseen target.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Plate carrier mounted battery module can be access via a power cable attached to the single point sling.

One of the various capacity battery module

Information can be transmitted via operator's personal communicator.

Data cable and power cable are embedded into the operator's vest.

Observor drone control module

Observer can control the battlefield intel via this tablet style module. he can use this to locate his operators location, he can access various battlefield intel to form a battlefield overview to direct infantry fire, and also call in fire support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SilencerCo at SHOT 2014 by SMGLee

Saker in 5.56 and 7.62 with the patented Trifecta MAAD rachet mount.

Trifecta MAAD mount utilizing the proven PWS Triad flashhider design.

Saker with an optional flash hider end cap

Optional end caps

Harvester thread on suppressor in 5.56 and 7.62 with a build in muzzle brake

The rear end cap removed with the tool included.

Nelson device piston can also double as a take down tool.

300 blackout HK 53 with Saker Suppressor.

Feedback Score
    The exploded view is pretty cool on that osprey.

Feedback Score

Laser sights and flashlights at the SHOT Show

Lasers continue making inroads into the firearms market. I think for smaller handguns they are especially valuable, as the iron sights are frequently abysmal. And prices are really dropping, in some cases about even with the cost of a good holster.

However, please do not use a laser sight mounted on a handgun as a pointer during a presentation as the NY State Director of Homeland Security did.

http://exm.nr/1fj55cu
    It's only an "arm's length" gun if you're incompetent.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cannot wait for a 6 Second Mount

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast