Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Generation Surefire SOCOMs

Feedback Score

Second Generation Surefire SOCOMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQJA-1UHQeM#t=126

Any word as to what these 2nd generation enhancements are? Curious, as I'm contemplating getting a second 5.56 SOCOM down the line (already have a 5.56 and 7.62, both full size).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQJA-1UHQeM#t=126

Any word as to what these 2nd generation enhancements are? Curious, as I'm contemplating getting a second 5.56 SOCOM down the line (already have a 5.56 and 7.62, both full size).
    The front end cap is obviously different. I wonder if the internals are the same.

ETA: Gotta love the NFA game, I just released from jail a TBAC CB9, and Surefire SOCOM5.56-RC last week and they are already discontinued. Lol.
    Last edited by domestique; 01-19-15 at 21:08.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    The front end cap is obviously different. I wonder if the internals are the same.

ETA: Gotta love the NFA game, I just released from jail a TBAC CB9, and Surefire SOCOM5.56-RC last week and they are already discontinued. Lol.
    Just sent my Form 4 on a 556-RC last week. Shoulda known when I picked it up on a nice sale....

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    LOL!

Just when you buy a current SOCOM 762 RC. The video was lacking on the details.

Feedback Score
    Can't watch vid from work. Does it use the same socom mounts? I'm guessing it does.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Can't watch vid from work. Does it use the same socom mounts? I'm guessing it does.
    No you need the new 97 tooth mounts. Just kidding. It didn't mention new mounts. New stand alone brake and flash hider, but no new suppressor mounts. Not sure if they need to change those. They are pretty much the standard by which the industry judges other makers' mounts. Plus people's head would literally explode if they did.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I prefer the old style front plate, I'm hoping the other changes are minor... whew, you had me nervous for a second!
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Other than aesthetics is their any benefit to the crenelated front bezel? Doesn't look like it's significant enough to be considered useful as a standoff device or to aid in flash suppression.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    As long as this means a further price reduction in the (now old) SocomRC's and Mini's... I'm all for it.

From the video it still looks like the old tried and true mounting system. As most of my rifles have Socom MB's, If they change the mounting system, Ill be sure NOT to get a new one.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Would love to hear from Garin on some of the improvements....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast