Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC1

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Surefire XC1

Last edited by South; 02-14-15 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. It's tough to tell from that photo - is that a G17 or G19? I guess they gave up on the so-called mini x300 and went this route. Looks great but it means new holsters...
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Whats the price point? Dont get me wrong I think its an awesome idea - espically for AIWB carry of smaller guns (g19) - but SF has a tendency to price things at points that are nonestandard.

I am sure streanlight will be comin out with aomething similar at a normal price point.

Feedback Score
    If it doesn't fit the HK45C, I'm going to need therapy. I've been waiting for a solution from SF for the 45C's truncated rail for years. I can't wait to ditch the Viridian.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    If it doesn't fit the HK45C, I'm going to need therapy. I've been waiting for a solution from SF for the 45C's truncated rail for years. I can't wait to ditch the Viridian.
    Which Viridian?

I have an X5L Gen2 which I have been beating into failure for a while.

Feedback Score
    I have the C5L.

Foremost, I hate how it parasitically drains batteries. I get about a month and a half before I have to replace the cell even without use.

I also strongly dislike its polymer face with super fine battery cap threads. You have to be very careful when you screw on the cap when you replace the depleted cell every month or else you'll cross-thread.

Also, I had to machine a special lug insert to get it to hold zero. It took me six months and hundreds of rounds to find a viable solution to its failure to hold zero with its mushy polymer rail clamps.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a friend who put well over 20k through a g17 w/ the X5L Gen2 on it and the polymer rails broke, they sent him new rails but the screws don't hold.

The whole thing should be made out of metal in order to hold zero - which it doesn't.

Feedback Score
    I agree. The rail clamps should be rigid metal.

From my experience, when you tighten the rail clamp screw to the degree necessary to maintain zero in real-world use, the polymer rails bend inward and distort under load causing a poor mating geometry between the rail clamps and the pistol rail. Additionally, the brass threaded insert in the Viridian rail clamp eventually pulls through the surrounding polymer.

Effectively, over time given these factors, the rail tension decreases and the system effectively fails causing a loss of zero. It's a really poor cost-cutting solution for mounting, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    I agree. The rail clamps should be rigid metal.

From my experience, when you tighten the rail clamp screw to the degree necessary to maintain zero in real-world use, the polymer rails bend inward and distort under load causing a poor mating geometry between the rail clamps and the pistol rail. Additionally, the brass threaded insert in the Viridian rail clamp eventually pulls through the surrounding polymer.

Effectively, over time given these factors, the rail tension decreases and the system effectively fails causing a loss of zero. It's a really poor cost-cutting solution for mounting, in my opinion.
    I hope SF and Streamlight - when they design something similar, stick to their all-metal design.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I also gave up completely on the X300 mini. While I think this would be a great option if it fits pistols like the HK45c and M&P compacts, like all things Surefire around SHOT I will believe it exists when I actually have it in my hands.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast