Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Bisley Conversion

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Ruger Bisley Conversion

Anyone ever try this before? I have a Ruger New model Super Blackhawk stainless 44 mag with the 4 5/8 inch barrel that I would like to convert over to the Bisley frame. I don't care too much about a complete conversion i.e. the engraved cylinder, but I would like to have the grip and hammer converted over, as it would be much nicer to shoot heavy bear loads.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I found this which helps and gives a parts list as well.

http://www.gunnews.com/converting-ru...configuration/

Here is the trigger conversion

http://powercustom.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=174

http://powercustom.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=176

I cant find the frame though but I was told by Ruger CS that you can order it from their New Haven factory. I will give them a call and see what I can find out.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have the parts to do a conversion on my scoped 3 screw 357, but haven't gotten around to tackling it yet. I bought the parts from Brownells, but I don't think they carry the stainless grip frame.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I saw that MidwayUSA does but it doesn't state its for the New model super blackhawk. That is what has me was wondering if they are the same model or frame size.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The picture they use is a finished piece. They require fitting, I'm not sure on the stainless, but the steel parts come in the white and are as rough as a cob even though they show them finished on their website. The same grip frame will fit either model. I originally put mine on a new model pre- new new model 44mag Bisely before I decided to use it on the old model 3 screw 357. I tried it on both in the rough and it was fine. The top area is the area that needs to be fitted and the rest just polished up for the finishing process; they made it quite a bit oversize to be able to fit it to any of the various frames.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 01-20-15 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    well I guess I will be making my purchase soon. Shooting hot loads with my 44 mag is a little hard for extended periods so this is the best option, plus its a poor man's freedom arms....

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    This is a better representation of the actual parts. You can see the casting tabs at the top. On my guns those tabs and about 1/8" needs to be taken off in that area.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod44165.aspx

If you get the stainless parts I would be interested to know if they come requiring a little less fitting i.e. the casting tabs already removed.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 01-20-15 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Man I feel retarded, I even asked this question on their website. I need to stop working graves and going to school after my shifts end. Brownells is cheaper and they have never steered me wrong.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshmitty View Post
    Man I feel retarded, I even asked this question on their website. I need to stop working graves and going to school after my shifts end. Brownells is cheaper and they have never steered me wrong.
    The Brownells part is cheaper because it's not stainless. The Midway part is stainless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast