Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: the end of the sig brace / which would you sbr?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    The way the letter was written, simply using something in a manner different from it's original design constitutes a "redesign" of the design. I think putting a Glock 17 grip on your shoulder and pulling the trigger is a felonious act, under this new decision issued by Acting-Chief Max Kingery.

Irrelevant, but so are most of the criteria used for NFA categorization.
    Nailed it

Feedback Score
    I think its more of a matter of it being recognized as a quasi-stock that got lucky with its classification originally, but 'improper use' nudges it across the line

.....according to them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just some clarification for you. Most LEO's are pro-gun and not really fond of the ATF. We have enough trouble enforcing state firearm laws. As for this latest non-sense the whole issue with ATF seems to be one of bypassing the NFA tax. Most of the people who bought the pistols and braces did so in order to avoid being beholden to the ATF with an NFA item.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter 9 View Post
    Just some clarification for you. Most LEO's are pro-gun and not really fond of the ATF. We have enough trouble enforcing state firearm laws. As for this latest non-sense the whole issue with ATF seems to be one of bypassing the NFA tax. Most of the people who bought the pistols and braces did so in order to avoid being beholden to the ATF with an NFA item.
    I'd figured the largest market was ban-states with no SBR option - you don't think so?

Feedback Score
    The are also the states that would allow travel with a loaded ar15 pistol under a CHL but not a loaded rifle and the ease of travel with a pistol vs a sbr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    I'd figured the largest market was ban-states with no SBR option - you don't think so?
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgelj View Post
    The are also the states that would allow travel with a loaded ar15 pistol under a CHL but not a loaded rifle and the ease of travel with a pistol vs a sbr.
    And this.

I hope sig and all the other companies making arm braces realize that they could lose some cash on this and join forces to get this opinion changed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Based on the Sig release I read, it's a really interesting way they may go about fighting it. Not trying to defend the user's intent or usage, but defending their own product in that its classification shouldn't be changed based on how someone uses it.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    [Q UOTE=SpyderMan2k4;2068590]Based on the Sig release I read, it's a really interesting way they may go about fighting it. Not trying to defend the user's intent or usage, but defending their own product in that its classification shouldn't be changed based on how someone uses it.[/QUOTE]

in my opinion, the ATF attempting to classify based on use is the most important issue. this is much bigger than the sig brace.
    Last edited by DWood; 01-23-15 at 10:37.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Completely agree
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    This controversy made my mind concerning what direction I am going. Originally I was planning on selling an LWRC pistol I had and then SBR my SCAR 16s. Instead I will just SBR the pistol. It will be exactly like the LWRC PSD SBR they sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567