Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the end of the sig brace / which would you sbr?

Feedback Score
    Suggesting major state + federal crimes in hopes of not getting caught isn't the best suggestion

Feedback Score
    As an attorney and (non uptight, pro 2nd amend) police officer that did a ton of research and gun trust reviews before making my own for myself and some coworkers,..... It isn't that tough to get them approved, it's more an issue of problems down the line.

Kinda like a prenup, you wont have a problem until there's a problem

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNin9r View Post
    Lol best analogy, and as a soon to be law school graduate / attorney, I can't take any such risk. I'm actually drafting my own trust and giving it to a trust attorney this week for review.

That seems right

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    As an attorney and (non uptight, pro 2nd amend) police officer that did a ton of research and gun trust reviews before making my own for myself and some coworkers,..... It isn't that tough to get them approved, it's more an issue of problems down the line.

Kinda like a prenup, you wont have a problem until there's a problem
    Yeah I'm having him sign it for protection in the event future litigation. His idea.

Although I'm in law school I've been a paralegal for years too. No way I'm drafting that thing and only signing it myself lol

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    [QUOTE=sjc3081;2066803]
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    So this whole debate is ridiculous. Shoulder when you can, and behave if you're on a public range where ARFtards might be there to run up to you and enlighten you with their knowledge of idiotic ATF policy.[/QUOTE

The sheep are running in panic in response to your brazenly clear logic.
    This x1000. Some of y'all kill me. I'm sure nobody on here as actually put their SBR/pistol upper on a non registered lower "just to see" either...

Better turn in your pistols too see they are now NFA weapons when you use two hands.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    OP: I would sbr the best lower you have/can afford. I sold 1 rifle lower and 1 pistol lower to purchase a battle arms lower and complete with top notch components to sbr. IMO if you are going to go through the hassle and pay the money to sbr it, might as well be a quality piece.

NOT saying any of your lowers or any other brand is substandard or anything. Just that you should verify it is in spec (per the sbr guide). Both the lowers I sold were of the cheaper variety so I opted to start with a known quality lower (and still verify dimensions ).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    OP: I would sbr the best lower you have/can afford. I sold 1 rifle lower and 1 pistol lower to purchase a battle arms lower and complete with top notch components to sbr. IMO if you are going to go through the hassle and pay the money to sbr it, might as well be a quality piece.

NOT saying any of your lowers or any other brand is substandard or anything. Just that you should verify it is in spec (per the sbr guide). Both the lowers I sold were of the cheaper variety so I opted to start with a known quality lower (and still verify dimensions ).
    Excellent advice, thank you..
    [QUOTE=jpmuscle;2066844]
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    This x1000. Some of y'all kill me. I'm sure nobody on here as actually put their SBR/pistol upper on a non registered lower "just to see" either...

Better turn in your pistols too see they are now NFA weapons when you use two hands.
    I don't know what about my post gave the impression that I was a "sheep". Personally, if there's a chance I can be f#*&ed with legally for something, I take any avenue I can to avoid it. In this case, I've wanted a trust anyway, and then it's a little money to make sure I've removed myself from the arena of "likely ok" or "possibly ok" and planted my feet on sturdy (well sturdier) grounds.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I wasn't singling you out. Just speaking in generalities.

Feedback Score
    I'd just register the one with the rollmark or safety selector markings you like best, as you probably won't ever get rid of it.

A couple of my SBRs only exist because I saw a neat lower and figured "why not?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I wasn't singling you out. Just speaking in generalities.
    Got ya. Yeah I just always follow the CYA mantra

Feedback Score
    You're not stuck with anything for life. If you want to sell it, sell in a title I configuration. To do that, put a 16 inch barrel on your lower, or sell it without an upper... like magic, it's title I. Engrave the barrel if you want a clean lower.

Read up. Start with the ATF handbook.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast