Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory PSAK-47...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They need to make a enhanced range verizon. Would be a killer hog gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    The text from his post:
    Hey Palmetto State Armory is showing a completely USA made AKM at their booth ( this sample has non US furniture ) - I know the guys that are making the parts for this and the quality is tops; parts are coming from a shop that has made parts for belt fed weapons for years

I'm looking forward to what else can be done in the AK series here in the USA - great things ahead !!!

Can we talk about the part I put in bold. Anybody have any clue as to who that might be?... Some in the comments section was throwing around "FN"...
    When I see an Eastern Bloc weapon and hear about things being from a solid manufacturer with experience building belt-feds... my thoughts go to Vltor.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    That looks like it could be a good base rifle that I wouldn't feel guilty about whoring up with Magpul stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would not get too excited about this just yet, PSA has a less then stellar record with customer service and has sold some pretty lame quality items in the very recent past (Think PTAC). So until a few respectable trainers who specialize in the AK platform put their seal of approval on this little gem I would suggest we slow are roll just a bit.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I would not get too excited about this just yet, PSA has a less then stellar record with customer service and has sold some pretty lame quality items in the very recent past (Think PTAC). So until a few respectable trainers who specialize in the AK platform put their seal of approval on this little gem I would suggest we slow are roll just a bit.
    Personally I've only had good experiences with PSA's customer service (and the staff of their brick-and-mortar stores are far better than your typical gun store). As far as PTAC goes, well I've seen DPMS junk for sale on BCM's website too.

However, after PSA's AR-10 rollout was botched (out-of-spec/strange proprietary lowers that wouldn't take aftermarket triggers) we all know we should wait for initial reviews of the new AK. But if it does prove to be solid, it could be a great addition to the market.

Feedback Score
    Bets on if these will roll out before or after PSA's promised 1911's?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I'm going to order one. I wonder if the 60 days until availability is realistic or not. I'll find out.

Feedback Score
    It will be interesting to see the reports on these. Magpul's new AK furniture has me looking for a host, but unfortunately the AK market doesn't have a whole lot of low cost options out there anymore. While WASR's have gotten better, it would be nice to see a competitor in that same price range that isn't such a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    It will be interesting to see the reports on these. Magpul's new AK furniture has me looking for a host, but unfortunately the AK market doesn't have a whole lot of low cost options out there anymore. While WASR's have gotten better, it would be nice to see a competitor in that same price range that isn't such a crap shoot.
    Post-89 MAK 90 (straight cut) and KBI Hungarian SA 85 imports are still some of the best guns you can buy, and with a thumbhole stock you can usually find them for $500-$700. Throw $100-$150 in furniture and 922r parts at it and thread the muzzle and they are solid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    Larry Vickers knows a little bit about AKs, and he already publicly vouched for the quality of the parts and the company making the parts for this, so that's at least a good start. The PSA premium line of of AR stuff has been solid, and their customer service has drastically improved in the last few months, so I think things are looking promising.

I was also told by a PSA rep at SHOT that they are going to release a second version of this AK with an upgraded trigger, nickel boron BCG, and a rail mounted Aimpoint H1, for $999! If that is indeed true, and they can keep it at that price point, they will sell a metric ton of them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast