Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MBUS Pro effective range on a free float 16 in AR

Feedback Score

MBUS Pro effective range on a free float 16 in AR

I am curious as to what range you been able to reliably shoot with MBUS pros?

Thank you and have a great day.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5 View Post
    I am curious as to what range you been able to reliably shoot with MBUS pros?

Thank you and have a great day.
    I could reliably shoot mine at any range I want to but I'm the guy guy who doesn't shoot at paper targets. They are called BUIS for a reason.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting beyond even 100 yards is more related to the shooter than the sights.

The Magpul MBUS Pro LR has adjustments of 200 to 600 meters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When they first came out, I thought meh. Then when I got a pair I realized what a good sight they are. I don't think they'd be the best choice as a primary sight but as a backup (their intended use) they are excellent. You're only limitations are your abilities. i.e. If your eyes are good enough to see your target and you know your holdovers / Kentucky windage, you could reach out to 400 or possibly beyond. If I knew I'd be doing that, I'd opt for the LRs or better yet, KACs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    When they first came out, I thought meh. Then when I got a pair I realized what a good sight they are. I don't think they'd be the best choice as a primary sight but as a backup (their intended use) they are excellent. You're only limitations are your abilities. i.e. If your eyes are good enough to see your target and you know your holdovers / Kentucky windage, you could reach out to 400 or possibly beyond. If I knew I'd be doing that, I'd opt for the LRs or better yet, KACs.
    So far I am satisfied with them. I am hoping to get out to at least 300 m/yrd with them. I would be estatic if I could find I get set of BUIS that could get out to 500 m/yrds. I shied away from KAC because of the price and that they seemed too easy to adjust if I was not careful with them.

What are the LRs that you refer to?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5 View Post
    So far I am satisfied with them. I am hoping to get out to at least 300 m/yrd with them. I would be estatic if I could find I get set of BUIS that could get out to 500 m/yrds. I shied away from KAC because of the price and that they seemed too easy to adjust if I was not careful with them.

What are the LRs that you refer to?
    I haven't picked up a set of these yet but people seem to like them.

https://www.magpul.com/products/mbus...ble-sight-rear

ETA: MaTech are another good option. You can find surplus sights out there but be careful as there are a lot of Chicom fakes floating around.

Here's where I got mine: http://www.surplusammo.com/matech-ar...up-iron-sight/

I paid $80 now they're on sale for $60. That's one hell of a deal.

Here's an M4C thread about them. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ns-MaTech-BUIS
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 12-16-16 at 15:54.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    500m Point, 600m Area.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dead-on at 300 meters for the Pro LR set to that range.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I used the LR MBUS Pro's and the dial was accurate out to 500-550 yards. This was on a BCM KMR 16 ELW during the NRA America's Rifle Challenge 2016 Championship as well as its monthly matches(Iron Sight Division).
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-16-16 at 21:14.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    My major issue with the MBUS pro rear sight is that the rear aperture wobbles slightly. That leads me to think that there could be some significant shot dispersion at distance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast