Thread: What was the general opinion on the Tango Down front sight light mount?

Feedback Score

What was the general opinion on the Tango Down front sight light mount?

I see it's discontinued so it must not have been selling like hot cakes but I like the idea. I'm wanting to pair it with the [s]Insight[/s] Inforce wmlx. Good to go or stupid idea?
    Last edited by 44Dave; 01-22-15 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have never tried one but I don't like a light at 12:00. A mount like that eats up that much more of your FOV. Do you mean Inforce wmlx? If you do you might want to try it on the top rail before investing in the mount. The switch is hard to actuate with you thumb at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    No, I'm cool with 12:00. My issue with it has been the front sight placement. Using just a regular sight behind the light brings it waaay too far towards the rear. Thats why I'm looking at something like the Tango Down. (and if I tire of it it's not like I can't switch back. So I'm really just out the $$$ for the TD if I go back.)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    The issue is removing the light to change batteries. With the x300 it's not so good because you have to slide it off, but the WML rocks off, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    but the WML rocks off, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Is the wmlX going to fit just as well? The Inforce website is saying that the wmlx has a .125" larger diameter bezel. Does that affect the fitment?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one on my SBR in conjunction with a WML. It does what it is designed to do, but the sight is pretty wide ear-to-ear. It is wider than an MBUS. I have used it with an Aimpoint Micro in a DD mount and a comp M2 in an ARMS lower 1/3 mount. The sight picture using irons is better through the M2. The iron sight seemed to be lower in the FOV of the Micro. The WML can also be removed without removing the sight, but it takes some contorting. I am running this setup on a LVOA, so the rail comes right to the end of the muzzle. That was my draw to this sight/light setup. It affords me more length on the rail, and adds a buffer between my hand and the muzzle.

If you are interested in a similar design, I have confirmed through Vertex Ops that their SLM-1 sight will fit the bezel of a WML (not the WMLX). I have not confirmed if it will work once mounted on a rail however. I am hoping this setup works, as I like the idea of the wider mounting base on the SLM-1 than the single slot mounting of the TD. I don't forsee any problems with the TD, especially with a light inside it, but the larger footprint of the SLM-1 looks sturdier.

I may be able to get some pics of the TD/WML setup later if you are interested.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    , I have confirmed through Vertex Ops that their SLM-1 sight
    I'm assuming that's the same mount manufactured by Rosch Works?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The TD front sight will not work with the WMLx - the bezel is too large. i have some pics of the TD front sight with WML here:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...tics3.html#ffa

The SLM-1 sight will fit over the bezel of a WML (not WMLx), but mounting both to the rail will stress out the light a bit as the light height is slightly different from the hole in the SLM-1. as you tighten the SLM-1, it'll pull the bezel down - maybe about .02" or so. not sure i'd recommend it. anyway, pics of the SLM-1 here: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...hts3.html#slm1

Feedback Score
    Thanks - I'll have to reconsider what I'm doing.