Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NJ Officer Shoots Defendant with his "Hands Up"

Feedback Score
    Did he have possession of the firearm when shot, no. If he had not been shot would he have been charged probably a 99% chance.

When he exited could he still have reached attacked the officer, yes. Were his hands really up, I don't think so. They were not up as if he was really concerned about being shot. While yes it was no " fighting" stance it also did not look like a complete surrender either.

Did he have a history of assaulting officers attempting to due serious bodily harm, yes. Was he just a felon, no. He was convicted of shooting at officers with the intent to do serious bodly injury.

Did he do a lengthy stay in prison where we was told to do specific things and learned to follow specific orders, I would yes.

To be honest it could go either way. We don't know if any other weapons were recovered from his person. We will never know his true intent and we have not heard the officers actual testimony. If the officer can actually articulate his reasons well that will be good for him. But like I said it could go either way.

Feedback Score
    So a question for those in law enforcement. Has a suspect/detainee/whatever you wanna call em, ever improved their situation by arguing with the cops?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    So a question for those in law enforcement. Has a suspect/detainee/whatever you wanna call em, ever improved their situation by arguing with the cops?
    No not really. I mean if they made a valid point yes. But since I stay inside the scope of the law no. I have however given an that boy to a 16 year old who very politely asked if I needed consent or a search warrant to search his car that I was already searching. I explained to him that I had enough probably cause to search biased on x, y, z. I then asked him if he understood to which he said yes. I did the same thing I was going to do anyway( call mom and dad.)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Everybody just needs to remember one thing: This happened in New Jersey.

Where thugs who run get shot. Gun owners who get lost get arrested. And football players who abuse their SOs get probation.

Well said. F#ck NJ.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    Not by arguing, but there is nothing wrong with asking questions. If the language is such that an officer feels there is going to be a physical confrontation, that is another story.

The video does not give us the whole picture of what occurred during this traffic stop. It gives us one perspective. A mountain of information will be presented to the State's Attorney's office after the investigation is concluded and the video will be only part of what is submitted. That is why they convene Grand Juries to review ALL of the facts and evidence.
    Train 2 Win

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910