Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which two and which one first?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Well, a P220 in 9mm is obviously going to be a German-made SiG by default. Same with the P225 (equivalent in size to a P228/229 but skinny).

But other than that, no. Again, it's because of magazine capacity. I love the P226, but see no reason to live with the bulk if I can't utilize it to its fullest. Like having a pick up that is the same size and gets the same gas mileage as a 3/4-ton, but can only haul 1/4-ton.

I doubt you'd find the P7 on The List because it has been several years since H&K manufactured them.

All of these options are pretty definitely going to be used, although SiG does occasionally import overruns on contracts for P220s and P225s for government purchasers that still use the older, single-stack SiGs. I doubt these can be sold in California, although I do see that the P6 is listed, which is the German government designation for the P225. (And now I need to see if I can find a decently priced surplus P6/P225.)
    Sig has a few P220 models that are still on the roster. They say Exeter on the frame, so are these a newer variant of what you're suggesting?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...compliant.aspx
    Last edited by TexanInCali; 01-25-15 at 02:53.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexanInCali View Post
    Sig has a few P220 models that are still on the roster. They say Exeter on the frame, so are these a newer variant of what you're suggesting?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...compliant.aspx
    These are going to be 45s, not 9mms. SiG doesn't mass produce any of their older, larger single-stack 9mms any more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I would look into the classic USP 9mm. An indestructible tank and not too different from the SIG. If this was 1998 I would say SIG, but these days I would only trust the HK in the "one gun" department.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one that thinks the USP ergos are awful? If you want to suggest an HK DA/SA why not a P2000?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    If you are ever in Southern CA; anywhere from San Diego up to north Orange County, then I may be able to PPT an HK P30 to you. It is off roster, and unfortunately I don't have any magazines with it. It is brand new; I got it during the whole rush but I found that I like the P2k better.

The P30 is a 9 mm with Light LEM.

Feedback Score
    After digesting all the suggestions, I made a few trips to a local range and rented the following.

Les Baer TRS 1911
    H&K USP 9 & 45
    Sig P226 & P220

After 50 to 100 rounds through each, k confirmed that I really dislike DA/SA setups. In particular, I found the DA on the USPs long and spongy. The Sig wasn't as bad, but not great.

Unfortunately, striker fire options like the P320 and VP9 are not available. I did thoroughly enjoy the SA on the 1911. As I'm used to manual safeties on ARs, I dont find 1911s terribly confusing.

As such, I ended up buying an Ed Brown SF 1911 and a Sig 22LR 1911 CA. The 22 gives me a practice gun that lets me cheaply practice on a 1911 system. These should keep me busy for a good while.

Unfortunately, they're both in California handgun purgatory. The Ed Brown comes out next week and the Sig 30 days later.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm glad you guys talked me out of learning two different systems at once.

ED Brown SF as in this image.

Sig 22LR 1911 CA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234