Thread: BCM Pistol Lower from Grant?

Feedback Score

BCM Pistol Lower from Grant?

Last week I purchased a BCM pistol lower from Grant (great price). Today I a BCM BFH 11.5" Carbine Upper Receiver Group w/ Daniel Defense Omega X 7" Handguard from BCM. I will be using a Sig Brace on my pistol. I plan to add a T1 and Vickers VCAS sling.

This is my 1st AR pistol and have a few questions:
    What is the best way to mount / attach the Vickers sling near the Sig Brace?
    Also what is the optimal mount for a co-witness with the AimPoint T1?
    I know a vfg front grip is a no go with the AR pistol - what is the recommended front angled grip that is good when used with an AR pistol?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For the sling mount use this, or one of the varieties - tango down and Daniel defense have them too.

http://www.skdtac.com/Troy-Professio...-p/tro.304.htm

Been using the Troy for over a year and it's SOLID.

Feedback Score
    If you want to push the VCAS further back and use a QD, consider this weaved through the velcro strap at the back of the brace:
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/burnsed-socket.html

VFG is no go unless your OAL is past 26", then it's a 'firearm' but not an NFA item-that said on mine I've just been using the tried and true Magpul AFG and am happy with that in concert with a thorntail mounted light.

r-
    Ray

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_g View Post
    If you want to push the VCAS further back and use a QD, consider this weaved through the velcro strap at the back of the brace:
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/burnsed-socket.html

VFG is no go unless your OAL is past 26", then it's a 'firearm' but not an NFA item-that said on mine I've just been using the tried and true Magpul AFG and am happy with that in concert with a thorntail mounted light.

r-
    Ray
    That doesn't seem to be a substantial sling mount solution to me. I wouldn't even consider doing that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your best option is the Troy. Trust me.

Feedback Score
    I ordered the Magpul AFG 2 - if this is a no go with a pistol AR let me know.
    Still need the rear sling attachment - looks like the Troy is preferred.
    Also need the T1 mount with cowitness. I've using the Daniel Defense mount on my other T1. Anything better available?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    That doesn't seem to be a substantial sling mount solution to me. I wouldn't even consider doing that.
    Properly threaded with the velcro secure the weak link-just like any other QD setup-is the QD itself, not the socket. I personally don't like two point slings setup as far forward as near the castle nut (single points, when appropriate, are a different story).

Then again my take would be if you want sturdy you shouldn't use a QD at all-either HK hooks or better yet strap it directly to the body fore and aft. To each their own based off their intended application.

AFG is fine on a pistol.

r-
    Ray

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like the Troy mounts as well. I use the Pro if I'm not removing the tail and the end plate model if I'm building. The Magpul AFG and AFG2 are good to go. I prefer the original AFG over the AFG2 as it's a little fatter..

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_g View Post
    Properly threaded with the velcro secure the weak link-just like any other QD setup-is the QD itself, not the socket. I personally don't like two point slings setup as far forward as near the castle nut (single points, when appropriate, are a different story).

Then again my take would be if you want sturdy you shouldn't use a QD at all-either HK hooks or better yet strap it directly to the body fore and aft. To each their own based off their intended application.

AFG is fine on a pistol.

r-
    Ray
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    The Magpul AFG and AFG2 are good to go. I prefer the original AFG over the AFG2 as it's a little fatter..
    I agree with all that - although on my SBR upper I've found myself migrating all the way to running just a hand stop kit with KAC hand stop.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister