Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Because spare parts turn into complete guns

Feedback Score

Because spare parts turn into complete guns

So i had a Daniel Defense trigger group and
    most other lower parts in spare parts bins that I pulled off other rifles to replace with drop in this and up graded that.
    I combined those parts with a spare dpms parts kit that i purchased years ago before i knew any better.
    The buffer tube came off a customers gun. It had an aluminium car style stock blind pinned in place. Once removed we found that the buffer tube was externally 3/4 inch longer than a standard buffer tube same internal depth. he opted to change it to a milspec tube. (i have no idea why i kept it)
    After chucking it up in the lathe it is now a pistol tube hehe.

I pulled the upper from an Armalite national match for my boss he wanted a flattop and gave me the upper because he's freaking awesome.
    Charging handle is off my Daniel, i had replace it with a bcm/vltor.
    Hand guards where just floating around the shop we have dozens of them in the junk bucket.
    The barrel nut, delta ring/spring pack, flash hinder, side sling loop and armalite clamp on front sight are parts that i ended up not using when i build my wifes rifle because we went in a different direction than planned.
    The bolt is my spare, it is a dsg carpenter steel.
    The barrel is one that i changed out on a costumer/friends sbr. It was a voodoo 1/7 14.5 that he had cut down to 10.5. I had to open up the gas port on it months ago to get it to run. I offered him $25 he told me nah just trash it or keep it, sooooooo. It is pretty shot out, a m16/M4 throat erosion gauge drops in about 1/4 inch past the reject line lol.

I bought a blem Anderson arms lower for $40.
    The carrier is maybe a Les Baer and probably wont work lol. i'll order another.
    I also need to order a gas tube and a buffer spring.

anyway um ya i'm kinda embarrassed, but for less than a $100 dollars out of pocket it should be fun hehe.

edit: also a dust cover kit
    Last edited by cemoulton; 01-24-15 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Pretty neat! I was just thinking a couple of days ago about spare parts and what to do with them...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've started to collect parts, so I can see a project like this in the future as well. Off of my original complete lower, for example, the only parts that are still original are the castle nut, bolt catch assembly, and pivot/takedown pin, so the originals are floating around somewhere.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I had a buddy build up a loosely based MK12 22lr clone with his spare parts bin, lol. I sell off my parts boxes every so often which mostly consist of grips and stocks, if I ever started to have receivers and bbls and what not start to accumulate, I too would build up a toy.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I actually once had a spare bolt catch grow into a complete AR.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Your title had me dying! So true, I can't think how many projects grew like that. Hard to say no one piece at a time! Looking good
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I did the same thing with a spare A2 grip. It seemed lonely in the parts box.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I know what it is like......I turned a used rail I got very cheap into a $2K plus SBR build......WTF?????
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'm dying here. Hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
    I did the same thing with a spare A2 grip. It seemed lonely in the parts box.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast