Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G 19 Rear Sight drifted right to shoot dead on

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

G 19 Rear Sight drifted right to shoot dead on

Sighted in the new sights today and the pistol is very accurate at 15 yards. However the rear sight is drifted noticeably to the right to shoot dead center. The factory sights were drifted slightly to the right and still shot left.

I am happy with the sight picture and accuracy, but I wonder how common is this for the rear sight not to be centered?
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I own 4 glocks in 9mm and all of my rears are drifted right to be center at 25yards

Feedback Score
    There is a good chance this is a trigger pull issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    There is a good chance this is a trigger pull issue.
    The pistol was bench rested for sighting and the groups were tight. I don't think in this case I pulled off the point of aim.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    I am not saying this was for sure a trigger issue but it is still a possibility. It is possible to so consistently pull the trigger in a non-straight line with Glocks among other handguns that you get a tight grouping but it is deviated horizontally from what it should be. Not saying it is certainly the problem, but rather saying it coupd be the problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    I am not saying this was for sure a trigger issue but it is still a possibility. It is possible to so consistently pull the trigger in a non-straight line with Glocks among other handguns that you get a tight grouping but it is deviated horizontally from what it should be. Not saying it is certainly the problem, but rather saying it coupd be the problem.
    I know exactly what you mean... with the heavy Glock trigger it would be more likely to pull to the right than push to the left.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Gentlemen, on Glocks the rear sight has to be noticeably to the right to shoot dead center. It is a design characteristic.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Gentlemen, on Glocks the rear sight has to be noticeably to the right to shoot dead center. It is a design characteristic.
    Good to know. It seemed odd to me. When I researched this it appeared not to be a consistent condition. So I wondered how common it was and of course wondered why this was needed to shoot to POI.

Feedback Score
    I have a 19 with the exact same issue. I had to drift right to have it shoot straight. Before anyone claims it is shooting technique, though, I have a G41 and the sights are perfectly aligned and I have no accuracy issue with it. I find it a bit bizarre that the 19 has this issue while the 41 does not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    *deleted*

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast