Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G 19 Rear Sight drifted right to shoot dead on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack852 View Post
    I have a 19 with the exact same issue. I had to drift right to have it shoot straight. Before anyone claims it is shooting technique, though, I have a G41 and the sights are perfectly aligned and I have no accuracy issue with it. I find it a bit bizarre that the 19 has this issue while the 41 does not.
    It could still be technique- the .45 is in the (longer) barrel longer than the faster 9mm

The Glock trigger pull can be pretty gritty so you could be slicing it then coming back on center

Another thing to keep in mind is if you are using thumbs forward and pressing your support thumb into the frame you can guide the gun right.

These are all possibilities but it is hard to say anything with certainty over the internet of course, the guns could just be out of spec but I don't think it is that common.
    Last edited by teutonicpolymer; 01-25-15 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Gentlemen, on Glocks the rear sight has to be noticeably to the right to shoot dead center. It is a design characteristic.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Baloney
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would some more Glock armorers chime in about this?
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    Try benching it left (or opposite handed). If it changes, it's your trigger pull. If not it's the gun.

Feedback Score
    I'm just a regular dude, but I have run about a hundred folks through basic pistol instruction. You'd be surprised how many people tell me their pistols won't "shoot straight" without the sights being drifted to the extreme. After a few tweaks, they discover it was their technique, not the gun.

Just out of curiosity- has the pistol shot to the left for other shooters? I used to have a problem with "side-loading" Glocks, i.e. my grip pressure was inconsistently forcing the gun to one side (typically at speed/multiple shots). Training tools like the SIRT and a lot of dry fire fixed the issue to where I can now consistently shoot 2-3" groups at 25 yards and a 1/2 size IPSC steel at 150 with a G19.

I'm not saying your gun is not truly shooting left; just that you might want to consider some other variables before determining that the sight has to be drifted to the extreme.

Feedback Score
    I have seen Glocks that actually did shoot left - even with the rear sight drifted all the way right and multiple accomplished shooters behind the trigger, they would still print noticeably left of center.

Having said that, in about 98% of the "left shooting" Glocks I've seen, including my own, the issue was shooter induced (side pressure on the grip, not keeping the finger flat across the face the trigger throughout the pull, too much finger, too little finger, etc). As much as everyone touts what an "easy" pistol the Glock is to shoot well, it's really not. It takes a lot of practice on a specific skill set to be able to really get the accuracy out of them that accomplished shooters will crave.

The Glocks are easy to shoot FAST, no doubt about it, but, if all we want to do is make the banging noise, there are better tools...

Feedback Score
    With very few exceptions factories make no effort to zero guns and a sight centered ( roughly) in the dovetail is a starting point. Depending on your accuracy demands it may or may not need adjustment. Most all my fixed sight guns have needed a tweak here or there to get them dead on to my standards.
    Adjustable sights do address a need.
    If groups are tight and consistent then moving the sight is the right answer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The rear sight not being centered on the slide when zeroed for windage should not be a big concern unless the rear sight is drifted all the way to one side of the slide. Your vision or shooting technique may make the shots go left with the rear sight centered. I am right handed/left eye dominant, so my rear sights are all adjusted to the right of center. Some drifting of the rear sight to correct for windage is not unusual.

Trigger technique, pressure on the grip, position of the support hand, your support hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard and vision can be factors that affect POI. I have run people through shooting courses who were shooting left of center with a Glock and by the end of the first day or beginning of the second day they were shooting dead center without a sight adjustment.

Does the pistol shoot to the left with several different kinds of ammunition? Does the weapon shoot to the left when one of your shooting buddies fires it?
    Last edited by T2C; 01-25-15 at 18:11.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Gentlemen, on Glocks the rear sight has to be noticeably to the right to shoot dead center. It is a design characteristic.
    Big concern for the quality of this site that this comment was not laughed all the way back to TOS where it would be right at home.

Biggest line of garbage I've seen in some time. Classic that it's in the form of a PSA.

You Suck It's Not The Gun.
    Last edited by Noodles; 01-25-15 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Big concern for the quality of this site that this comment was not laughed all the way back to TOS where it would be right at home.

Biggest line of garbage I've seen in some time. Classic that it's in the form of a PSA.

You Suck It's Not The Gun.
    I have owned Glocks that shoot to the left, some requiring noticeable drift to zero. Warren sights are intentionally biased to account for the left POI for their Glock sights. I have different degrees of rear sight bias on 3 different gen 4 G17s. I can consistently put 5 of 5 in a 3x5 card at 25 meters, generally place in the top 10% of competitive pistol events from bullseye type matches to Ltd USPSA, and don't see the same rear sight bias with Sigs, 1911s, M&Ps, or M9s, so it just might be the pistol.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast