Thread: Accessorize or a new one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question Accessorize or a new one

I got me a Stag 2H upper (M4gery) on a lower that I built to see if I'd lke ARs, and I likes!!

After crusing the boards, I did add some things I thought were necesities. heavy bolt, I read about how to properly stake the key, BCM extractor upgrade. Now that I've got it, I'd like to run the heck out of it. But I'd like to have some accessories put on it. I recently ended up getting another AR Receiver in a trade with a local shop (also got evrything to build into a complete lower). Now I'm wondering:

Should I build a new rifle into everything I dreamed of or should I shoot the heck out of this Stag and put all the bells and whistles on it? Save some money and build up the upper the way I want as time and mopney permit. (SAVE an impending ban)

I don't wanna built up a new rifle just to have the Stag collect dust. Besides if I'm going to abuse a rifle, it might as well be the cheaper one . I'm not planning on doing any classes. Yes, it's a 1:9, but I really like shooting the 62 gr. stuff and actually I've shot the 75 gr. out of Stag and it grouped VERY well. I guess the advantage is, if the Stag lets me down after X rounds and I really don't like her anymore, I can always take accessories of it and put it on another.

Opinions welcome .

Feedback Score

Lightbulb depends on what you want

i think you may have the formula in reverse. if you going to seriously abuse the rifle then you are more likely to require the expensive stuff.

but it depends on the intended use and your want.

never hurts to have a spare rifle! and it also never hurts to have more ammo & mags for the rifle you have!

as far as extras go it is more what you want vs what you need. some folks prefer a decked out rifle and some folks like me like a more KISS set up.

if you get the dreaded black rifle sickness --hang on to your wallet!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see what you mean about the more expensive stuff. Running a rifle hard for me is different. I mean blowing through 500 rounds in an afternnon shooting at empty pop bottles and stuff. Maybe for fun I'll kneel or shoot prone or rapid fire. But it won't be like a real drill or class.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I would use the Stag as your test platform for your next carbine. That way you only buy the crap you know works for you.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I would use the Stag as your test platform for your next carbine. That way you only buy the crap you know works for you.
    Yup, I hate to admit it, but my first AR was a RRA. After shooting the piss out of it, "acquiring" mags, Aimpoint, ect. It took me about 2.5 years and I bought 2 Colt LE6920s at the same time.
    I still have my RRA and after I replace the LPK with an LMT LPK it will be a little more loved- but not like my Colts and LMT's.

So my vote is use and abuse your Stag. Keep an accurate round count on it so you know when to start changing springs and other parts. Log every part you replace. Log every malfunction you have. Number all your mags and buy P-Mags so you don't have to toss GI Mags every time the feed lips bend.
    That will get you started.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical