View Poll Results: How many ARs do you have?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll

31 12.20%
  • 1-2

58 22.83%
  • 3-4

71 27.95%
  • 5-+

94 37.01%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How many ARs do you have?

Feedback Score
    If the ATF is reading this the answer is ZERO.

Guns are icky

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is a huge difference between the number of ar's I have and the number of ar's I shoot.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    As many as I need but not nearly as many as I want...

Feedback Score
    Never too many !!! but my favorite is the KAC 5.56 11.5"SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's a friendly, non-sarcastic reply:

Some here use rifles as part of their job, be it military, law enforcement, or commercial sales/vendors. I would assume/hope that all here collect and train with rifles with which they are most familiar or most practical.

As you mature as a shooter and responsible rifleman, you'll find that quantity takes a back seat to quality and well roundedness. There are a lot of fad companies that need your money. There are a lot of gun hoarders who consider their rifles "tangible post counts". When these groups meet, they will try to convince you of what you "need" and how "Tier 1" elements prefer certain kit for certain reasons.

As you mature as a shooter, you will start seeing patterns of monogamy amongst serious shooters. It is not uncommon at all for them to have exact duplicates or variants of essentially the same rifles, pistols, or shotguns.

And some people just like what they like.

I would say the thesis of my point is that number is irrelevant to purpose. Were I hypothetically limited to one rifle, it would be a quality AR with a rifle length monolithic rail and variable power optics with a true 1x. If I had to do so, I would simply reconfigure or rebarrel as necessary.

Look at three gunners or practical shooters. A lot use the same rifle and merely retrofit later. And I would offer the polite advice to not worry so much about what others have and focus on what would work for you.

Nobody got ahead by keeping up with the Joneses
    Last edited by Firefly; 01-26-15 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScott View Post
    None. Lost them all in a boating accident.
    Yes I remember that, I believe mine were there too. What a tragedy....
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Some here use rifles as part of their job, be it military, law enforcement, or commercial sales/vendors. I would assume/hope that all here collect and train with rifles with which they are most familiar or most practical.

As you mature as a shooter and responsible rifleman, you'll find that quantity takes a back seat to quality and well roundedness. There are a lot of fad companies that need your money. There are a lot of gun hoarders who consider their rifles "tangible post counts". When these groups meet, they will try to convince you of what you "need" and how "Tier 1" elements prefer certain kit for certain reasons.

As you mature as a shooter, you will start seeing patterns of monogamy amongst serious shooters. It is not uncommon at all for them to have exact duplicates or variants of essentially the same rifles, pistols, or shotguns.

I would say the thesis of my point is that number is irrelevant to purpose. Were I hypothetically limited to one rifle, it would be a quality AR with a rifle length monolithic rail and variable power optics with a true 1x. If I had to do so, I would simply reconfigure or rebarrel as necessary.

Look at three gunners or practical shooters. A lot use the same rifle and merely retrofit later. And I would offer the polite advice to not worry so much about what others have and focus on what would work for you.

Nicely put, I'd say.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have somewhere between Kung Fu and Potato.

Why does this poll not reflect this reality?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    BCM BFH 14.5" with KMR rail and a DD MK18 10.5" on a Spikes Tactical Warthog lower

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    I apologize if my poll was offensive. I've been to TOS and agree that it does not appeal to me. I am not military or SME so I just ask questions that I think of. Yes, I am much newer to ARs than probably most everyone here. Once I got one though I was hooked. I have an LMT MRP 10.5" and two 16" BCMs. Gun owner for years and a defender of the 2nd amendment.
    Sh1t, I don't think it is offensive. There are still serious questions being asked here and some folks with a lot of experience who are willing to help us home defense/hobby shooters out. I've learned a lot more on this forum than any other! SMEs and experts are probably pleased to help out. H3ll, I don't mind be corrected by an expert or more knowledgeable person as long as they know what they are talking about. So, I hope the drift toward a TOS like dialog doesn't go too far, but I'm glad that more members are being brought it.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Why not?

"With your carbine held at the low ready, run 12 Steps to the barricade and fire at your targets in this order, 1,4,2,3. Shooter ready?-"
    HAHAHAHA! Yeah, that will help. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I love this forum, it is the only AR forum where many members wring their hands about the most innocuous of questions like, "How many ARs do you have?"

I'm not a professional LE, Armorer, Manufacturer, Military, or anything that depends on firearms as part of my job. But I am an enthusiast, a hobbyist, a shooter, and a collector. I shoot a lot and only buy quality. I've been shooting since I was six and own multiples (duplicates) of many rifles and pistols.

How many ARs one owns is not really important, but it is fun to discuss. Which is part of the reason one comes to a forum. There are many reasons one might have to own more than a single AR and it is up to each individual to decide the reasons why. Lectures are unnecessary.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast