Thread: Tac Con 3MR...?

Feedback Score

Tac Con 3MR...?

Does anyone have experience positive and/or negative with the Tac Con 3MR drop-in trigger assembly? I'm very interested in purchasing this product but want 3rd party reviews on it, and not a Tac Con rep's opinion.

Thanks all,

J
    "Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" trans. "If you want peace, prepare for war" Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check out youtube for videos of people actually shooting it up against other triggers. Such as the higher quality, less expensive, and faster Geissele models.

Rick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get a Geissele trigger that allows you to use any selector you want. Nobody could tell me the speed difference between the first fire position and second. In testing, I sure couldn't tell, and say conclusively the second position made any difference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Get a Geissele trigger that allows you to use any selector you want. Nobody could tell me the speed difference between the first fire position and second. In testing, I sure couldn't tell, and say conclusively the second position made any difference.
    When Tac Con came out to Phoenix to show off their new AK trigger I was out at Ben Avery for some of the testing. I was able to shoot both the AR and AK triggers extensively and run Geissele SD-C triggers in all of my with a decent amount of experience with Geissele triggers in general.

Frankly for the money I think Tac Con is much like a slide fire stock. If you want something fun they are exactly that, they are far from practical both in cost and cost in ammunition. The real issue is the "fun switch" really does take some getting used to and like running a red dot on a handgun, you almost have to learn to shoot your rifle differently.

TLDR - Shot Tac Con triggers in AK and AR, not worth the money. If you want full auto, save your pennies and get the real deal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one for the shrike. The regular trigger mode is very similar to the Geissele, the third mode takes some practice to get the hang of, which I have not yet mastered. It is, however, no replacement for a full auto sear.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for the replies. Does anyone live in the DFW area own one, or a Geiselle SD-C, and would allow me to shoot it?
    "Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" trans. "If you want peace, prepare for war" Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." Thucydides