Thread: RVT

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

RVT

Did the CH silicone RVT on a few uppers last week. I noticed there's still a small gap. Seems the handles had a little play or give that I didn't compensate for. Am I still looking at blowback??

I can add pics for reference. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a drawback like this.

Feedback Score
    You definitely have to pull the CH all the way back. It's also fairly easy to add another small layer if you want. I had one that left a couple small pockets/bubbles and once it dried I just added a little more.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You definitely have to pull the CH all the way back. It's also fairly easy to add another small layer if you want. I had one that left a couple small pockets/bubbles and once it dried I just added a little more.
    Arrgghhh. I'm a perfectionist. Took two tries to get it perfect. Back to step 1.

Thanks Waylon. I appreciate the info.

Feedback Score
    Not sure exactly the process you're using, but the way I found that was the easiest/cleanest is to simply wrap a piece of Saran/cling/plastic wrap (whatever you choose to call it) around the small section of the upper that the CH slides under. Push the CH all the way in, then pull it back as far as you can while it's still latched. Fill in the whole gap. Once it dries for a day or so, slide a razor blade across the top of the CH to cut it flush. Then you can release the CH, remove the plastic wrap and clean up the edges of the RTV if needed.