Quote Originally Posted by llO0DQLE View Post
LOL Thanks for the offer but I'm way out west. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. I may just have to plan a trip down there and take classes from any one of the reputable instructors that we all know on this board. It's just tough because all my vacation has to be planned a year in advance, I have to research rules and regulations for transporting/bringing my guns across the border, depending on which state I go to. Another problem is my AR and 1911 (my only 2 guns) are Norinco, I heard I can't bring them to the US.
I have never heard of you not being able to cross the border with anything that is legal in Canada. I doubt there is a law stating such. I was at a carbine class with a serious Canadian cop from I think Ontario. He said there was no training in all of Canada like we take for granted in the U.S. Colt Canada {Diemaco} runs a rifle class for Canadian cops but it is just flat range at known distance. He said it is more like training for a rifle match than a fight. He had put together a real fighting class recently for local cops and it was successful.