Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do these guys look like they provide quality instruction?

Feedback Score
    Can someone HSLD explain to me the applicability of the head in the bucket drill? Is that for the rare instance when someone is trying to drown you and you manage to escape and then chase and shoot them? I may go one better and take my USP next time I go diving at the quarry and see how it shoots underwater...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by llO0DQLE View Post
    I am in Canada and the only training classes available in my province (state) is from these guys, Shadowforce.ca. I am civilian, no LE/Mil experience, but from watching their videos, it gives me a feeling that it's all gimmicky and not real quality training. I could be wrong, but I was wondering what the experienced guys here think. I've watched videos from LAV, Proctor, Magpul (Costa/Haley), McNamara, VTAC, read AARS of training classes from reputable instructors in the US and I've never seen/heard of instructors dumping student's heads in a bucket of water and then shooting a pistol (see their Tactical Pistol 2 video).
    I'm just going to say, it's not uncommon for people to travel to other states, or even countries, when looking for good quality training. Poor quality training, that will lead to training scars, is worth essentially nothing. People travel to places like Gunsite from all over the US, and outside, many (most?) not LE/Mil. Just something to keep in mind. Im in an area of the US where quality training (due to anti gun culture and laws of the state) is few and far between, so I know what that's like. Even the LEOs I know who are serious about their training they don't receive from their PD, travel well outside the area for training, which comes out of their own pocket. Depending on where you are in Canada, I'll bet there's quality training not too far. Might be good training in Canada too, but I wouldn't know on that one. I'd assume (always dangerous I know), that most of the quality training is limited to LE/mil in that generally restrictive country.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Ok, I have to ask, when shooting pistols, and doing a mag change they have them slapping the magwells against their thigns while two handed, what is with that. To me it looks like it takes several seconds for all the maneuvers they have them going through to do simple mag changes. And since I am asking these questions, what is with all the water stuff? Dunking the students heads in the water then water boarding them....
    Last edited by ubet; 01-28-15 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Rumor has it the buckets were full of beer.

Feedback Score
    Looked like an ISIS recruiting video after they had Pinkus draft the curriculum.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    ROTFL! Lovin' the responses.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    Rumor has it the buckets were full of beer.
    FTW !!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You would be a Billion times better off simply watching some Travis Haley or Kyle Defoor vids, not to mention your wallet wouldn't be many hundreds, if not a thousand, bucks lighter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Looked like an ISIS recruiting video after they had Pinkus draft the curriculum.
    Thanks, you made me spit coffee on my key board! Don't do that.....damn it
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Unless they pay YOU to take that class, save your money...and life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast