Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do these guys look like they provide quality instruction?

Feedback Score

Do these guys look like they provide quality instruction?

I am in Canada and the only training classes available in my province (state) is from these guys, Shadowforce.ca. I am civilian, no LE/Mil experience, but from watching their videos, it gives me a feeling that it's all gimmicky and not real quality training. I could be wrong, but I was wondering what the experienced guys here think. I've watched videos from LAV, Proctor, Magpul (Costa/Haley), McNamara, VTAC, read AARS of training classes from reputable instructors in the US and I've never seen/heard of instructors dumping student's heads in a bucket of water and then shooting a pistol (see their Tactical Pistol 2 video).

http://www.shadowforce.ca/videos/

Instructors' Resumes:

http://www.shadowforce.ca/instructors/chad-english/

http://www.shadowforce.ca/instructor...rs-3/dudley-d/

http://www.shadowforce.ca/instructor...ructor-carl-t/

http://www.shadowforce.ca/instructor...uctor-david-k/
    Last edited by llO0DQLE; 01-25-15 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The videos look really gimmicky to me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the things that I look for when watching videos is where the course instructors are; are they coaching, are they actively monitoring safety, or are they just demoing and saying 'okay do this, go?' while they stand and watch. I didn't see much interaction with students - other than getting them wet - in the videos.

I also was not wild about the drill where two folks were holding up the edge of the target while the dude shot prone - as he drew for the first drill if he didn't muzzle the guy on the left he came pretty close.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks like a great place to learn how to jump over, run through, and slide into puddles.

Really though I saw lots of gimmicky moves, absolutely nothing of any substance, and several safety issues. The one handed support side draw at around 50 seconds into the "tactical pistol 2" video had me absolutely cringing.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow. Save your money and travel for some better training.
    SF

Feedback Score
    That's what I thought. Thanks for reinforcing my concerns. I guess I'll stick to static shooting on the range on my own for now..

Feedback Score
    Holy gimmicky camerawork Batman! You can only slow down awkward running so many times before you're just grasping at straws. I agree with the comments above on the instructors. These are clearly fairly inexperienced shooters who are looking for good training to get better at shooting. Unfotunately their instructors seem intent on holding up the wall with their arms crossed, which is a shame because new shooters are at their most impressionable in that stage.

OP I don't know where in Canadia you are but if you're near our northeast border, have a Mountie bring you to the border and I'll pick you up for a bunch of non-static shooting.

I won't even make you slide in puddles unless you really want to.

NOW, can somebody PLEASE tell me what the fu€k I am seeing at 1:20 in the video? I've watched it a dozen times to see what I'm missing and I am starting to think it's exactly what it looks like...
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    OP I don't know where in Canadia you are but if you're near our northeast border, have a Mountie bring you to the border and I'll pick you up for a bunch of non-static shooting.

I won't even make you slide in puddles unless you really want to.
    LOL Thanks for the offer but I'm way out west. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. I may just have to plan a trip down there and take classes from any one of the reputable instructors that we all know on this board. It's just tough because all my vacation has to be planned a year in advance, I have to research rules and regulations for transporting/bringing my guns across the border, depending on which state I go to. Another problem is my AR and 1911 (my only 2 guns) are Norinco, I heard I can't bring them to the US.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    .......NOW, can somebody PLEASE tell me what the fu€k I am seeing at 1:20 in the video? I've watched it a dozen times to see what I'm missing and I am starting to think it's exactly what it looks like...
    The 'contact distance' thing? What a hoot! Man, I can't believe intelligent people fall for this sort of crap.

Also, I don't think I would want to be a prop holderupper (2:35ish), especially if I was down range of a muzzle.......

Good stuff, man, you can't make this stuff up! The only thing missing is clown costumes.......

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=SpeedRacer;2070282]Looks like a great place to learn how to jump over, run through, and slide into puddles.

^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm good to go on that now...
    Good stuff...I'll have to incorporate the "bobbing for pistol" in to the repertoire...
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast