Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do these guys look like they provide quality instruction?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by llO0DQLE View Post
    LOL Thanks for the offer but I'm way out west. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. I may just have to plan a trip down there and take classes from any one of the reputable instructors that we all know on this board. It's just tough because all my vacation has to be planned a year in advance, I have to research rules and regulations for transporting/bringing my guns across the border, depending on which state I go to. Another problem is my AR and 1911 (my only 2 guns) are Norinco, I heard I can't bring them to the US.
    I have never heard of you not being able to cross the border with anything that is legal in Canada. I doubt there is a law stating such. I was at a carbine class with a serious Canadian cop from I think Ontario. He said there was no training in all of Canada like we take for granted in the U.S. Colt Canada {Diemaco} runs a rifle class for Canadian cops but it is just flat range at known distance. He said it is more like training for a rifle match than a fight. He had put together a real fighting class recently for local cops and it was successful.

Feedback Score
    This thread gave me one good idea;

Slow down a REAL training video (ie, Magpul Dynamics "........" Or T. Haley panteo carbine vid) to better grasp whats its REALLY sposed to look like.

I watched the (agonizing) video before I read the responses. My unease - due to having yet to take a tacticool class - at making judgement was relieved when I saw my opinions were on par with everyone elses.

In fact, I did just rewatch MP dynamics a.o.t.t.c with Mr. Costa again last night. Tonight I will continue with Vol 2 fearuring Mr. Haley.

Also, after watching the MP vid last night and watching this one today, I feel dirty. Somehow... Regressed lol.

My fave parts, FTR, were waiting for someone to smash their head running on wet concrete.
    Or, when one guy is up close doing the close in drill and he has his thumb up on the rear of the slide and pulls the trigger. Good stuff! Bet that hurt.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietOne View Post
    I have never heard of you not being able to cross the border with anything that is legal in Canada. I doubt there is a law stating such. I was at a carbine class with a serious Canadian cop from I think Ontario.
    I've been told it's easier, as Canadian Police Officers, to bring their sidearms into the US than it is to take them back into Canada (source: 2 Canadian police officers who, btw, also said they were not authorized to carry off duty).
    Last edited by b_k; 02-26-15 at 19:16. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    llO0DQLE

Not sure if your on the Canadian gun forum.... www.canadiangunnutz.com , there are reputable trainers. If you check out the site and join the forum you will get lots of help.

Check it out and hope it helps.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCULLY View Post
    llO0DQLE

Not sure if your on the Canadian gun forum.... www.canadiangunnutz.com , there are reputable trainers. If you check out the site and join the forum you will get lots of help.

Check it out and hope it helps.

Mike
    I am but I quit hanging out there a long time ago because of all the drama llama..

Feedback Score
    those videos are embarrassing.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    You'll notice a lot of such resumes are really just lists of classes they've taken. Next time some loudmouth starts playing drill sergeant wannabe, ask him how many people he's killed.

Save up some money and go to Academi.
    Last edited by Ruark; 04-02-15 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just can't believe this thread continues to get responses.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I'm coming out to Edmonton and Grande Prairie this August to teach a couple of pistol and carbine courses plus an LEO only 2 day course.

You can PM me for details. Quality training in Canada is hard to find but there are a few reputable and experienced firms who do it, we just don't scream it from the rooftops and try to be very professional in doing it.
    Vickers Shooting Method Instructor - Canada

Feedback Score
    Looks good to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast