Thread: Help With Die Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Help With Die Choice

Trying to decide which die set to go with. The two I have narrowed the choice to is the RCBS AR small base with taper crimp (model #11107) or the Redding Full Length set and add their carbide sizer button kit. I know one is small base and the other is standard. Would it be best to go with the small base set? Both of my AR's are Sig M400's. Been reading a lot on this and have seen recommendations from Lee to Dillon. Kind of narrowed to the two I mentioned. Thoughts please!!! I will be using an RCBS Rock Chucker press for now.

Thanks for the help, and yes, I am new to reloading. So much info and so little time. So difficult to make a decision since there is so many brands and sooooo many opinions.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Redding or Forster all the way.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 01-27-15 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I reload for an AR with standard RCBS dies, I wouldn't lose any sleep over small base vs standard.

Feedback Score
    I started with Lee. Didn't care much for the rubber O ring on the base of the die nut. When changing out dies there is too much room for error when you tighten them down. I now use RCBS for sizing/decapping and Forester for seating.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a Redding die fan. Have numerous sets and they have been great, and I also use a Rockchucker. Buy the 2 die full length set and don't look back. You do not need the small base dies. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    +1 for the Redding. I'd rather use std. vs. small base and invest in an L.E. Wilson case gage.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…