Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical / TNVC Programmable Switching

Feedback Score

Unity Tactical / TNVC Programmable Switching

I need one of these! Glad I held off buying other switches.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...40665&refid=17

Last edited by El Cid; 01-27-15 at 08:50.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Over on Lightfighter, Trent Zimmer posted this up:

Quote Originally Posted by goteron
    Hey guys. The show has been great. Some really cool things from Surefire, LDI, TNVC... Ive really been impressed.

TAPS (patent pending)... I'm really excited about this. This is the low-down

Cost - Not yet set, but it will be competitive and reasonable
    Availability - Current Target is summer. I am fairly confident we will hit that.
    Its a Unity / TNVC product and we have put a lot of development time into it. We learned a lot the first go-around at it. The final version will be slightly different than the version we are showing now, but the feature set shouldn't change much (If anything, it will grow.)

Features:

2 Buttons, independently programmable. Each button is set to a port, so you can orient the switch on the rail, and then make the front the light or laser you want to operate by changing the leads. Leads are changeable for length and type (Surefire / LDI) - Which we are using their leads, so we know they are solid.

Program options (Per switch)
    1. Constant on
    2. Momentary
    3. Single Press (hold) for momentary - Double tap for constant
    4. We are playing with a couple of other programming modes

So, 1 button (Device) can be momentary, the other can be constant, or double tap.

You can link or slave the two switches so both devices will come on at once (Think white light / vis laser) or IR llum / IR laser with 1 button. When you slave for 1 or 2 devices, the buttons can be independently programmed. (Button 1 will turn on both devices momentary - button 2 will turn on both devices constant)

The last really cool feature about it is the replaceable back plates. 1913 / Keymod / M-LOK. So it will direct mount to any of those standards without the need for additional rails, etc. Its going to be a bomber switch and will be competitively priced, especially for the feature set. It will come in Black / FDE. (Buttons may always be black - Krylon!)

I think that's it, there should be some public releases with better pictures than I can take. We are just taking what we learned, rolling back to development and spending the time to make the best switch we can.

We've got some other really cool stuff coming out as well (Gen 4 ATOM, More FUSION accessories, NVG Recording system, Scope Mount, M-LOK FUSION adapter, etc)

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks!
    Source: http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/un...78898714951114

If they make a Steiner/Surefire Y-switch for this, it could potentially trivialize switchology when combined with the DBAL-A3.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-28-15 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Wouldn't that be sweet if the Bolt holes could also magically line up perfectly with the URX 3.1 rails. Then count me in for at least 1 of those and another 1 each for Mlok and Keymod. I'm liking where this is going..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glad you guys like, it certainly caused a lot of "kid on christmas morning" faces at SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Wouldn't that be sweet if the Bolt holes could also magically line up perfectly with the URX 3.1 rails. Then count me in for at least 1 of those and another 1 each for Mlok and Keymod. I'm liking where this is going..
    Do you know the specs on the URX hole spacing? I'll see if either baseplate will line up.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is the circuitry end user replaceable should something fail?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    Glad you guys like, it certainly caused a lot of "kid on christmas morning" faces at SHOT.

Do you know the specs on the URX hole spacing? I'll see if either baseplate will line up.
    Single hole over is 1.577 on my mic. Center to center. So 2 holes is 3.154, etc etc. These are just my mic'ed up measurements.. Not anything published from KAC.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anybody know if this thing is ever gonna hit market?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hern13 View Post
    Anybody know if this thing is ever gonna hit market?
    I called and talked to someone at TNVC a few weeks back and was told its still in the works but no release date.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's definitely coming. We are making it better everyday with design -prototype-test iterations. We want it to be 100% right the first time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Im looking forward to this switch big time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast