Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: recomended bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmobes View Post
    Savage is probably the best gun for the money. I had a 10FP and it was a great shooter.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
    What's the successor to the 10FP? Should have bought one of those when they were available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    NO,thats not true . my wifes family has one that goes off by itself , twice.. Killed a P/U and a bedroom wall so far.
    I have a 600 thats never done it in 50 years and they had a recall on them a long time ago. None of my remington rifles have ever done it. I noticed at academy the other day that theres a recall on the new triggers that were supposed to fix the problem. Theres been in house papers from remington stating theve known about the problem for a long time. All the info is out there including a 1 hr special done by msnbc or one of those news channels. Iam not knocking remington i own a couple that have been in my family for longer than i have been alive. But there are some out there that are bone stock and will fire with the safety on all by its self or when the safety is switch on or off. Btw the one they own has a non adjustable trigger like most 700s.

Just posting this becouse i know it to be true. When you see it happen that takes the doubt outa my mind.
    I saw in a NRA publication remington is being forced to fix all triggers back to the model 600,there is also a large class action being allowed against them. Any one with a sketchy rifle should check into this and get thiers fixed while they are doing it. The info is posted on page 91 of the JULY 2015 issue of NRA American Rifleman magazine...
    Last edited by texasgunhand; 07-04-15 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    Had a model 700 ADL, that went back to the factory just three weeks after I had bought it. It was the first Remington I had bought. It took them 11 weeks to get the trigger recall fixed on mine. I never felt safe with it after that, so I traded it off on another rifle.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I fixed all my Remington triggers many years ago by simply cleaning, lubricating and properly adjusting them. If you have a Remington trigger going off by itself it's because it needs cleaning, needs adjusting, or both
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-26-15 at 07:34.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tikka and put it in a new stock. One of the nicest off the shelf actions i've ever used. If you ever wanted to have it built or rebarreled they make great customs too.
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I fixed all my Remington triggers many years ago by simply cleaning, lubricating and properly adjusting them. If you have a Remington trigger going off by itself it's because it needs cleaning, needs adjusting, or both
    Yeah, well, I sent it back because I am no gunsmith and they sent me the notice and paid for it all. Not doubting what you are saying, personally don't think they did much to it at all, but still did not trust it after that. They said it had to do with too much of some kind of adhesive they put them together with.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replys and advise.

Feedback Score
    Tikka T3 by Sako. If it fits you, you'll be happy you did.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    I would say a savage. I have a model 16 in 223 it's great shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Tikka T3 has one of the smoothest action I have ever felt in a basic production rifle. Great guns. As far as caliber I'd recommend 7mm-08
    http://sed88.tripod.com/rem7/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast