Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: recomended bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Tikka T3 has one of the smoothest action I have ever felt in a basic production rifle. Great guns. As far as caliber I'd recommend 7mm-08
    http://sed88.tripod.com/rem7/
    I concur.
    I bought a Tikka T3 CTR a few months ago and it is a sub-MOA shooter right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Although I highly recommend Tikka T3 rifles, you won't be able to buy one for less than $500.00.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Not sure how I missed that requirement, in that case Savage is the way to go. Check out the youth models if she on the smaller side, they can be had in the combo kits which comes with a scope, mount and rings all set up. Another cool thing with Savage, the exterior barrel not allow an easy barrel/caliber swap with a few basic tools.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Stevens 200 for a hunting rifle. Basically a Savage 110 pre acutrigger. I put a Rifle Basix trigger in it and it shoots very well. I also have a 700 SPS tactical with a Timney in a LSS chassis that is light and recoil friendly.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    NO,thats not true . my wifes family has one that goes off by itself , twice.. Killed a P/U and a bedroom wall so far.
    I have a 600 thats never done it in 50 years and they had a recall on them a long time ago. None of my remington rifles have ever done it. I noticed at academy the other day that theres a recall on the new triggers that were supposed to fix the problem. Theres been in house papers from remington stating theve known about the problem for a long time. All the info is out there including a 1 hr special done by msnbc or one of those news channels. Iam not knocking remington i own a couple that have been in my family for longer than i have been alive. But there are some out there that are bone stock and will fire with the safety on all by its self or when the safety is switch on or off. Btw the one they own has a non adjustable trigger like most 700s.

Just posting this becouse i know it to be true. When you see it happen that takes the doubt outa my mind.
    I don't blame you. I had a Remington 700 ADL, that was part of the trigger recall, and after I got it back I could never fully have faith in it...as far as the trigger goes. I traded it off on a Savage in .17HMR, and have had way more fun with that one, at a lesser cost in ammo, than I ever had with the Remmy.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    The Remington trigger was just fine unless it was monkeyed with and not cleaned. That said there are plenty of good choices if you want something else. Tikka, Howa, Ruger American, used Winchester.

Feedback Score
    Upper end of the savage line.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234