Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: M4Carbine.net Update Newsletter

Feedback Score
    I know that this is an old thread. If I go here: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/hom...&id=e215125128 I can see newsletters going back to 6/11/15 as of today.

Can I still find the older newsletters somewhere? Thanks, I've enjoyed them all.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have included a link to every newsletter that has been released at the top of my posts.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I have included a link to every newsletter that has been released at the top of my posts.
    Thanks for a push in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gun Education with Jeff Gonzales:
    "Define The Mission."

When selecting gear, the most important consideration is defining the mission. In this case, what is the intended purpose of your rifle? We define them either as a general purpose (GP) rifle or a designated marksman (DM) rifle. Your DM rifles have a specific purpose and as such must have accessories to support the mission. These rifles make up a small percentage of rifles out in the world. The more popular rifles are the GP and, rightfully so, they support a wider set of mission parameters.
    For the GP rifle, the subject of sight systems comes up in classes frequently and we try to answer by providing our selection criterion. Your options are iron sights, red dot optics or magnified optics. For the GP rifles you can exclude iron sights as your primary, they are regulated to backups and magnified optics are not the end all be all. The selection criteria is weight/size, durability, accuracy, view-ability and battery life. I've had these criteria in place for over a decade and am surprised to see some manufactures not getting it or moving off in their own direction.
    In this newsletter, Jeff Gonzales, talks about optic choice for the general purpose rifle. He defines the mission, outlines the criteria, and makes a selection that satisfies his needs.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It looks like I stopped receiving emails, a few months ago.

Gun Education with Daryl Holland: "My Favorite Pistol"

Gun Education with Larry Vickers: "Trigger Pull Weight — For a Handgun"

Gun Education with Jeff Gonzales: "Shooting Scans"

As part of a benefit for www.gunsforacause.org, Wilson Combat and Larry Vickers are teaming up to give away Larry’s personal .45 ACP Wilson Combat Vickers Elite 1911 pistol!

M4C 10 Year Anniversary

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "The Slippery Slope"

You might have heard how a man was found guilty in the shooting death of a family member's boyfriend. There is not a lot of information about the case. But, one piece circulated, in more than one news report, it had to do with the number of rounds fired.
    If the suspect has demonstrated the means, intent, and opportunity, then the victim would be justified in applying lethal force. Round count should be a consideration, but not the basis for the case.
    I am not aware of the case that Mr. Gonzales refers to, but it has indeed set a dangerous precedent if round count alone lead to a conviction.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "The Slippery Slope"

I am not aware of the case that Mr. Gonzales refers to, but it has indeed set a dangerous precedent if round count alone lead to a conviction.
    It is a dangerous precedent. We need to identify the case, so we can study it and incorporate appropriate changes to teaching curriculum.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Does anyone have any information regarding this case? If so, please share.

If information can be located, it should be taken to its own thread for discussion. Perhaps a link can be provided here for reference.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "Getting Caught Flat Footed...Literally"

You get to know the timing of your guns when you shoot them enough. There is a sequence or a cycle that occurs at a certain speed. You get use to it in a lot of ways and that almost makes you a little bit lazy. It took a few magazines, but I eventually got back to solid fundamentals. And that's the point of this whole piece, getting back to the fundamentals. No matter the platform or caliber, if your technique is off, it's off.
    In this piece, Mr. Gonzales discusses issues associated with shooting a different pistol caliber than you normally shoot. Whether you are changing calibers, platforms, or both, it all boils down to fundamentals. Fundamentals are key to shooting pistols well, and they are even more important when you are making changes.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "The Slippery Slope"

Does anyone have any information regarding this case? If so, please share.

If information can be located, it should be taken to its own thread for discussion. Perhaps a link can be provided here for reference.

I have made attempts to contact Mr. Gonzales to get more information about this case, but have not gotten anywhere yet. If anyone has any information or can find any information, it would be great if you would share it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast