Thread: Tactile Med Kit Question

Feedback Score

Tactile Med Kit Question

I have been looks for a medical kit and have come across two different companies that have similar products. ITS Tactical (Fatboy) and Dark Angle (DARK Kit).
    does anyone have either or has a preference over one or another?

Thanks
    John

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubar01 View Post
    I have been looks for a medical kit and have come across two different companies that have similar products. ITS Tactical (Fatboy) and Dark Angle (DARK Kit).
    does anyone have either or has a preference over one or another?

Thanks
    John
    John,

While I am not familiar with the ITS kit, Kerry from Dark Angel has built a fine kit for an emergency scenario. I will offer one caveat though, do not purchase either unless you are proficient in the application of the items involved. Kerry does have classes going on around the country throughout the year demonstrating the use and application of his kit, I would recommend looking into training of at least a basic level from an accredited instructor. (I'm prejudiced though, I'd like to see everyone have at least First Responder medical training.) I have seen several times where untrained people have even gone to the lengths of having Field Surg kits and Suture kits in their "emergency" bag. Unnecessary gear is useless weight.

My "Oh Sh*t" bag has a couple IBD's, some gauze pads, and some QuikClot, TQ, and an elastic bandage. The heavy stuff is in the trunk of my car, usually only 50 yards away max.

-Dave

Feedback Score
    Dave,
    I completely agree with the training. I currently have basic first aid and will be going to one of the advanced classes. Kerry has classes upcoming close to me soon and will try and get in one. If I can then ill just order the kit with the class at that time.

Thanks for the info!

John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never before has there been so many outstanding options for med kits. Buy the one that contains the components you know how to use at the price you want to pay. You can spend as much or as little as you like. The DARK and ITS are GTG. At their core, there is very little difference between the many kits. All contain some sort of dressing, gauze, tourniquet, tape, and shears. Some have extras that benefit from or require added training (needles, airways, etc). It's just a matter of which combination of manufacturer widgets you like.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I felt the DARK was a little better value so that's what I went with. Mom not sure about ITS but if you're MIL/LE DARK offers a slight discount. Email them for details. They are pretty good about communication.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Dave,
    I completely agree with the training. I currently have basic first aid and will be going to one of the advanced classes. Kerry has classes upcoming close to me soon and will try and get in one. If I can then ill just order the kit with the class at that time.

Thanks for the info!

John
    I believe that you get a kit as part of the class.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I believe that you get a kit as part of the class.
    You do indeed get a kit with the class.

Feedback Score
    Gsd1983
    The kit doesn't come with the class from what I have read. You will get a discount of 20% if you order the kit with the class. I may have misread and will have to go back and re read.
    John

Feedback Score
    Gsd1983
    The kit doesn't come with the class from what I have read. You will get a discount of 20% if you order the kit with the class. I may have misread and will have to go back and re read.
    John
    John,

My apologies, I have been talking about the $475 course cost for the last couple of months as I hype the class I have arranged to bring Kerry in for here in Nebraska. That does include the kit (at $130). The actual cost of the class portion only is $345, for those who wish to not get a DARK kit while taking the class.

-Dave

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That was the policy last I heard. I like the DARK very much and my brief communications with Kerry have been positive. I only wish they worked with BFG to make a pouch with Helium Whisper.
    Sic semper tyrannis.