Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB 5.56 vs KAC MAMS 5.56

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For what they intended to achieve (I think) their design is just about perfect. Want more rearward porting? Buy a PWS, or one of countless others.

The EFAB isn't the strongest brake, but it hides flash VERY well for a brake (among if not THE best flash hiding brake), and is very quiet to the shooter.
    Machining on the EFAB/AFAB is also EXCELLENT. I'd put their quality right up there with KAC. Seriously.

I run one on a Noveske N6, got tired of getting blasted to hell by the PWS and SJC brakes I used to run. It still provides noticeable braking on the rifle, and my neighbors complain less (it's louder to the sides than the back, but still not bad).

Living in the people's republic, can mounts aren't much of a concern, though I see why free staters would want the option

Aside from a suppressor mount, I wouldn't change much. You'll either increase blast and flash turning it into a PWS, or decrease braking even more and turn it into a plain flash hider.

-Dave

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    On a basic level, there are some items that could be addressed. Forward porting is always a concern, rearward and true radial porting can be a balance. The volume in area for the gas to work the said porting can improve things.
    Let's see what they come up with that fits their requirements.
    Has anyone ever seen an original Colt moderator that acted better in function for a shorter length barrel than a longer base barrel for use? It does not happen, because that concept didn't work. It acted as a gas accumulator for function that simulated a shorter one with a longer barrel. Adding porting to that said device does not differ much from to porting a longer base barrel. If barrel porting is your key, then there are simpler methods that aren't as complex.
    There are many "downsides" going this way, but a few positives may emerge. Just depends on what the use is. Let us see how they do.
    In substantive, real world terms, what would these downsides be?

This is starting to sound like a "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest" discussion. Every device is a tradeoff in some manner. There are no tradeoff-free muzzle devices. I'm just struggling to apply your observations to the discussion. I'm not challenging you. Help me understand what you're saying.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 04-28-16 at 18:39.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Yeah, to make a better product.
    There are items coined "pinnacle products". This would not be one of them, but a further development of this "idea" may lead to one. Let's see how it goes.

When did i say this was the pinnacle of muzzle devices? But then of course it's pretty obvious by now people don't like to read what i actually write and make up shit just to manipulate others into thinking i said something i didn't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    In substantive, real world terms, what would these downsides be?

This is starting to sound like a "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest" discussion. Every device is a tradeoff in some manner. There are no tradeoff-free muzzle devices. I'm just struggling to apply your observations to the discussion. I'm not challenging you. Help me understand what you're saying.
    I knew he wasn't going to answer your question.

His reasoning makes no sense whatsoever.

His intention is to sway people from buying a product so that PA or some other company can make a better one? Except why would someone sway people from buying a good product. It's one thing to tell people NOT to buy a shitty product, but then when you go around and sway people not to buy a GOOD product in the HOPES that they make a better one is retarded. If everyone thought like that, then no one would own anything because eventually a better product in some way shape or form is going to be invented.

Feedback Score
    Would you rather have me cite open information and/or information that belongs to myself, or would you rather continue the conversation via PM?
    I'm open to either. Sorry that you got burned, that happens sometimes unfortunately, but we can move on from here.

Feedback Score
    Would you rather have me cite open information and/or information that belongs to myself, or would you rather continue the conversation via PM?
    I'm open to either. Sorry that you got burned, that happens sometimes unfortunately, but we can move on from here.
    Go ahead.

As i told you in the PM that you already sent me prior to this post, i don't have any financial dog in this fight on whether or not the muzzle device is considered good or not.

I don't know what you mean that i got "burned". That, to me, would insinuate that i was screwed over in some business deal.

I wasn't, as i told you.

I had a private conversation with some people and they were manipulated into recording my conversations with them. This falls into industrial espionage territory than being burned with legalities in a business deal.

The mods here know what happened. Which is why whenever i begin to bring it up, they immediately delete my posts, to cover up their illegal actions.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Badness:

No, your posts got deleted because you don't know when to knock it off, after a Mod/IP tells you to stop. JSantoro warned you twice, and you did not take the hint.

If you do not like it here, there's plenty of Internet to go around. That's a hint, too.

Oh, and if you want to accuse us of being complicit in illegal acts, you might want to head on down the road.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112