Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB 5.56 vs KAC MAMS 5.56

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the reviews and time you take to get us information and give us paralysis by analysis syndrome

For my current build its down to the EFAB or Surefire brake assuming that I can get my hands on a can in the near future.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Thanks for the reviews and time you take to get us information and give us paralysis by analysis syndrome

For my current build its down to the EFAB or Surefire brake assuming that I can get my hands on a can in the near future.
    I enjoy it too, actually. Also, please thank jerrysimons as he loaned me the MAMS, which was brand spanking new.

Interesting tidbit of info: if you soak a muzzle device in FireClean for several days before you shoot it for the first time, the fouling comes off like it was never there in the first place as long as you keep the round count reasonable.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I enjoy it too, actually. Also, please thank jerrysimons as he loaned me the MAMS, which was brand spanking new.

Interesting tidbit of info: if you soak a muzzle device in FireClean for several days before you shoot it for the first time, the fouling comes off like it was never there in the first place as long as you keep the round count reasonable.
    I am just happy to help get this comparison out there, BTJ made it happen with the willingness to do the comparison and the experienced finesse of all things recoil to do it justice (look at that Handy Rifle defy physics!). I am pleased to see in this comparison such an effective non-mount alternative to the MAMS on the market.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How much does the MAMS weigh compared to the EFAB (3.5oz)?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by connorr93 View Post
    You left the Griffin Armament M4SD Flash Comp out of your testing.
    Maybe you should read the thread title...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I weighed the MAMS before i packaged it back up to send back to jerrysimons. I would have to consult my notes, but 2.7oz IIRC.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by connorr93 View Post
    You left the Griffin Armament M4SD Flash Comp out of your testing.
    I've used the flash comp. It had more flash and less muzzle control than the (2) MAMS I owned. So, No, I don't think he forgot anything. The efab and MAMS appear to perform very similarly. Relatively speaking, the flash comp isn't even close.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I have weighed two MAMAS, both came in right at 2.45/2.5oz with a couple of shims.

These are the stainless steel MAMS which KAC doesn't seem to be shipping now. Don't know what future plans are but apparently an Inconel version is in the works.

Surefire and SilencerCo brakes both weigh 3.95/4oz with shims for reference.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:23.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast