Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Is yours wearing the inside of your upper like the pic above?
    Negative

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I disagree with this. I have 3k hard user suppressed rounds through this BCG in a BCM 11.5 upper running a AAC mini with an A5 system.
    Good for you...I just finished a two month run with my BCM 11.5 with a Silencer Company Saker with 4500 rounds of 5.56 ran hard without cleaning. The BCM BCG never had any issues.

However with the number of issues shown in this thread with the Gemtec product, there is no guarantee it would not happen in one of my rifles. I'll stick with serious use proven products.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Good for you...I just finished a two month run with my BCM 11.5 with a Silencer Company Saker with 4500 rounds of 5.56 ran hard without cleaning. The BCM BCG never had any issues.

However with the number of issues shown in this thread with the Gemtec product, there is no guarantee it would not happen in one of my rifles. I'll stick with serious use proven products.
    Cool. As an FYI BCM in not immune. The BCG that came with my 11.5 KMR ELW had major issues and had to be replaced.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Is yours wearing the inside of your upper like the pic above?
    No.

I have 500 rounds through mine in a 20" SPR using a MUR upper and about 500 more through a 11.5" BCM. All suppressed.

Runs great.

Feedback Score
    All of my bolt carriers and my friends where bought about the first month that they came out. And they are as marked pat pending. The guy at Gemtech just looked at my friends pictures and just said the spot the cam is milled at "should blend in as part of the upper rail. When its milled that way, it is what helps retain the cam into the bolt carrier". He found fault with couple of the bolt carriers in the pictures my friend sent them as to where the cam area was milled into the bolt carrier. They want to replace the some of the bolt carriers in his pictures. If I can get his pictures to show up in my email again, I will try to post them.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Here are some pictures of my carrier and upper. This combo has seen a little over 2800 rounds now. Does this look similar to anyone? The wear in the upper is smooth. There are no gouges or scratches. The carrier itself looks good as well upon inspection.

Wow. That's some serious finish wear. What is causing that? The rotating selector?
    Quoted the original post and question since it's on a previous page.

The valve can't be the only cause of the finish wear shown in the photos. It doesn't travel that far forward to the cam pin slot, nor does it travel all the way to the back end of the receiver.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Still running this guy, still super happy with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone have the 7.62 Gemtech carrier? I can't find any reviews, or any retailer that has one in stock. What retailers do list it have it marked as "discontinued." Any info? Interested in one for my incoming DD5 that I'll be running suppressed 50% of the time.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Anyone have the 7.62 Gemtech carrier? I can't find any reviews, or any retailer that has one in stock. What retailers do list it have it marked as "discontinued." Any info? Interested in one for my incoming DD5 that I'll be running suppressed 50% of the time.
    Had one, returned it. My LMT MWS firing pin wouldn't fit in it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Had one, returned it. My LMT MWS firing pin wouldn't fit in it.
    Thank you. I thought of picking one up for my MWS.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast