Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    Yeah not really sure what the availability is of any of their stuff. Just wish the gemtech was adjustable from the port side. I'm sure there was a reason they designed it the way they did. If you really wanted to use it on a defense gun then you should use a normal carrier to avoid having to pull the can off and not cycling.
    NWS? Are you a Georgia boy?

You just hit on the two things that keep me away from the gemtech carrier. No function when removing the suppressor and having to shotgun the upper in order to access the switch.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You're missing out. On an 11.5 SBR with a A5 system it is beyond sweet. It is so soft shooting. I still need to put a few hundred more rounds through it to get to 2k without cleaning but as long as it makes it there I would never see a reason to go back to a standard carrier on a suppressed gun. Big fan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    NWS? Are you a Georgia boy?

You just hit on the two things that keep me away from the gemtech carrier. No function when removing the suppressor and having to shotgun the upper in order to access the switch.
    Close. FL.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    You're missing out. On an 11.5 SBR with a A5 system it is beyond sweet. It is so soft shooting. I still need to put a few hundred more rounds through it to get to 2k without cleaning but as long as it makes it there I would never see a reason to go back to a standard carrier on a suppressed gun. Big fan.
    I'm running the LMT carrier and Vltor A5. Combined with the Sionics RGP barrel, I don't really have a need for it. But a couple friends running the gemtech, swear by it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm running the LMT carrier and Vltor A5. Combined with the Sionics RGP barrel, I don't really have a need for it. But a couple friends running the gemtech, swear by it.
    I was looking at that barrel but looks like I just missed the last batch. Will likely go BCM for now.

Feedback Score
    I was planning to go 11.5" with the BCM A5 tube and then the gemtech carrier. Will be running a Dead Air Sandman-S so should be lower than average back pressure.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Isn't it the same thing - will the RGP barrel run unsuppressed?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The design of the carrier with the selector on the left side of the carrier allows the valve/selector to be fully retained by the upper receiver. The valve can't change position or fall out when the carrier is in the receiver. No extra parts are needed...screws, springs, etc. I can't say what the design intent was, but I really like the way it's designed because it's so simple, and reliable (in my experience so far).

I don't have a need to be able to switch the carrier setting quickly so popping the upper open and sliding the carrier out to do it is no big deal to me. BTW, my first SBC has about 1200 rounds on it and lives in my go to suppressed SBR. I have a second one now that is pulling duty in multiple uppers.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm less than ecstatic for the Gemtech BCG but I certainly don't think the switch is designed in an inconvenient way.

It takes a long ass time for a suppressor to cool enough to remove it anyway, affording you plenty of time to shotgun the AR and make the switch.

This is a non issue.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Isn't it the same thing - will the RGP barrel run unsuppressed?
    It'll run with an XP action spring and A5H4 buffer. Even with low pressure PMC bronze.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast