Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Other than a Fixed FSP, or pinned MD, it could cause more problems. Read through the thread I posted. Also think about this. If you were to shit it to low or off, there would be pressure trying to move the BCG back but wouldn't have gas flowing into the piston system (the bolt) to aid in unlocking which could result in failure to eject etc. I'm not saying it isn't an aid, but unless you are stuck with Fixed front sight or pinned muzzle device, the adj gas block or a gas port insert would serve you better
    I don't understand why an adjustable gas block would necessarily be better. Both seem to do the same thing. One just does it at the front of the gas tube, and the other does it at the rear of the gas tube.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    The point of the gemtech bcg is that you do not have to deal with gas blocks. Having gone that route and not been terribly fond of how adjustable gas blocks run (and the difficulty associated in cleaning them properly) this is really a no-brainer. Take any milspec DI gun, add this bcg and a suppressor, done. No fuss.
    Which adjustable gas block did you try?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder why they put the adjuster on the left instead of the right.

It seems like if you could access it via the ejection port it would be better. In the sense that if you pop off your QD can then you may want to switch your gas setting without having to open your receiver up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Which adjustable gas block did you try?
    I remember my SCAR's gas block being a pain in the balls to take apart.

A few of my buddies run various types of adjustable blocks and they complain about them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I wonder why they put the adjuster on the left instead of the right.

It seems like if you could access it via the ejection port it would be better. In the sense that if you pop off your QD can then you may want to switch your gas setting without having to open your receiver up.
    You can access it from the ejection port...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I think that many people will be reluctant to use this, until it gets in the hands of end-users and put through its paces many times over. Replacing a Colt, BCM, LMT, Noveske,DD, etc BCG with this is most likely not going to be high on many people's list.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    I remember my SCAR's gas block being a pain in the balls to take apart.

A few of my buddies run various types of adjustable blocks and they complain about them all the time.

You can access it from the ejection port...
    How?! The screw is on the opposite side.

Has anyone read through the thread I linked with people actually using a device like this and respected engineers like ESK chiming in?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    How?! The screw is on the opposite side.

Has anyone read through the thread I linked with people actually using a device like this and respected engineers like ESK chiming in?
    Woops was looking at a different picture, yep you are right.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thank you for the clarification.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Woops was looking at a different picture, yep you are right.
    Gen 2 to be released soon

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Gen 2 to be released soon
    Sometimes I see the future...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast