Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    Any updates or more info?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Over on TOS there are a number of people that have had the same issue as me with the carrier dragging or stopping on pmag feed lips.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Over on TOS there are a number of people that have had the same issue as me with the carrier dragging or stopping on pmag feed lips.
    Slippers, is this with every gen pmag? Only when you are in prone or also while in other positions? Does it cause your gun to malfunction?

I only have a gen 2 pmag and and a few emag on hand and if I push down on the gun while resting on the mag, when I close the bolt it will scrape a little off the feed lips. Does not do this on lancer mags.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Slippers, is this with every gen pmag? Only when you are in prone or also while in other positions? Does it cause your gun to malfunction?

I only have a gen 2 pmag and and a few emag on hand and if I push down on the gun while resting on the mag, when I close the bolt it will scrape a little off the feed lips. Does not do this on lancer mags.
    For me, only gen m3 pmags, and only when using the magazine as a monopod with a fair bit of downward pressure.

Usgi and all previous generation pmags are fine.

And this is across many different upper/lower combinations, BCM, Noveske, CMT, LMT, Vltor. Switching to a normal carrier from BCM, LMT, Sionics, or Colt resolves it.

I still use the gemtech carrier in my LMT MRP because there's no alternative for suppressed use.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Does it cause a malfunction?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    If I press down hard enough while using a gen m3 pmag as a monopod, yes. The bolt will not go into battery. I simply use nhmtg/okay magazines with that specific rifle.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am kind of at the point that I won't deal with Gen 3 pmags, I have a few but I have given most away. Seems like they cause more problems than they fix.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have a thousand or so rounds probably 80% suppressed through my Gemtech BCG using an assorted group of M3, Gen 2 PMAGs and USGI.

I have zero malfunctions whatsoever using SOLGW, BCM, and MUR uppers.

If you go back in this thread you'll also see that I wasn't a big fan at first, so there's no justification of my purchase going on up in here. Wonder what causes the malfs.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Euro, what's your point? I have 3k through mine with no issues, but I can somewhat replicate what Slippers is saying even if it's not causing malfunctions.

Slippers, have you contacted Gemtech? May be a tolerance issue and they should send you a new BC.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have tried to replicate slippers issue as well and could not. Have over 7k in mine...Closer to 10k probably.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast