Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I wonder about the war fighter upper and this put together would do.
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    I wonder about the war fighter upper and this put together would do.
    Both restrict gas at the wrong point in the cycle in my opinion. Gemtec should figure out how to make a decent suppressor mount instead of this nonsense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I haven't seen any negative waves on the warfighter upper.
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A month later, any new views?

I was reading some data on it and it almost sounds like it doesn't actually restrict gas flow, but rather vents more excess gas instead. Which would make it different from the adjustable gas keys or the Warfighter upper.

Is this correct?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^ I don't know, but I may have to get one and try it out. Sounds like a better option than removing my pinned and welded GB.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just got notified that they are in stock. Gonna pick one up. Hopefully it eliminates the gas in the face...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    This is like a half measure. It won't relieve any gas coming out of the ejection port or in your face. In fact, it will probably put more gas in your face compared to an adjustable gas block. It could make you're gun run more reliably suppressed maybe, but so can a heavier buffer/spring/adjustable gas block.

As an aside, I'm picking up a mid length gas 11.5in barrel + adjustable gas block to replace my carbine length 11.5in barrel. H3 buffer + red sprinco spring + silicon mod and there is still gas in my face. It will be interesting to see if i can run a mid length 11.5 in barrel reliably
    Last edited by abso; 08-10-15 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    This is like a half measure. It won't relieve any gas coming out of the ejection port or in your face. In fact, it will probably put more gas in your face compared to an adjustable gas block. It could make you're gun run more reliably suppressed maybe, but so can a heavier buffer/spring/adjustable gas block.

As an aside, I'm picking up a mid length gas 11.5in barrel + adjustable gas block to replace my carbine length 11.5in barrel. H3 buffer + red sprinco spring + silicon mod and there is still gas in my face. It will be interesting to see if i can run a mid length 11.5 in barrel reliably
    Ive seen 12.5" mid length barrels, but never 11.5. Please post it on the forum once you get it/try it out, it sounds neat!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    This is like a half measure. It won't relieve any gas coming out of the ejection port or in your face. In fact, it will probably put more gas in your face compared to an adjustable gas block.
    How do you figure?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    How do you figure?
    An adjustable gas block will stop some amount of gas from going down the gas tube into the gas key/being expelled on top of the gas key once the bolt has been unlocked. The gemtek bcg just vents the extra gas out the ejection port which will be still reasonably close to your face. The amount may be minor, and better than nothing; but I'd rather just do it right and get an adjustable gas block and stop the extra gas where it matters the most.

I imagine there will be similar amounts of fouling around your bcg with the gemtek bcg versus a normal one with an adjustable gas block having less fouling than either of them. Someone should correct me if my understanding of the product is wrong though.
    Last edited by abso; 08-11-15 at 01:19.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast