Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemtech introducing suppressed bolt carrier

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Actually, a Switchblock is way easier to adjust than having to remove the BCG and use a tool to change the setting. This also keeps the gas regulation at the gas block, where it is most likely best to regulate. Just saying...
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Actually, a Switchblock is way easier to adjust than having to remove the BCG and use a tool to change the setting. This also keeps the gas regulation at the gas block, where it is most likely best to regulate. Just saying...
    I agree on the adjustment, but why is it best to regulate at the block? I'm really interested in this bolt carrier because I have some carbines that I shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed that don't have many options...LMT MRP. Switchblock won't work, WAR receiver (which I'm really liking so far) won't work. A Govnah gas block *might* work...I need to take some measurements to see. The BCG is a drop in solution that would work for me on my MRP's but I'd really like to know what kind of bad juju is going to happen due to regulation at the carrier. I don't mind popping the takedown pin and sliding the carrier out to switch it.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Too bad a switch block won't fit under any rails and there's not much extended use info on the micro moa govnah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am curious whether this increases the amount of gas expelled out of the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Well, question answered, I see that people don't read links

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wonder which of those 14 pages the answer is in. Ah **** it, I 'll just buy one, use it, and avoid the petty bullshit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well when you get one I think we would all appreciate a detailed range review. I know I am considering this as I cant fit a Switchblock under my rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Well, question answered, I see that people don't read links
    Directed at me?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 08-26-15 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    So..to recap..when its at unsuppressed it allows full gas to flow...at suppressed it restricts it and vents the excess gas out the side.

Now... can u turn the adjustment halfway to restrict enough gas to make an overgassed gun without a can function? Fine tune? It seems the suppressed settings are set arbitrarily and wont work for every setup like a SLR gas block.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast