Thread: AAC 51t mount question on BCM barrels?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

AAC 51t mount question on BCM barrels?

Looking at getting an 14.5 enhanced light weight or medium weight barreled upper from BCM and have my AAC 51T mount pin welded on it. Have any of you guys done this and if so, how does it look? I have an ELW upper from BCM with the standard flash hider pin welded on it and the ELW barrel looks aweful small to attach my mount, that is why I was thinking of going with the medium weight barreled upper thinking that the end of the barrel with the threads on it would be a little beefier for the pin weld job. What do you guys think? Thanks E..

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Looking at getting an 14.5 enhanced light weight or medium weight barreled upper from BCM and have my AAC 51T mount pin welded on it. Have any of you guys done this and if so, how does it look? I have an ELW upper from BCM with the standard flash hider pin welded on it and the ELW barrel looks aweful small to attach my mount, that is why I was thinking of going with the medium weight barreled upper thinking that the end of the barrel with the threads on it would be a little beefier for the pin weld job. What do you guys think? Thanks E..
    Assuming your running a can? The pin and weld has nothing to do with the barrel profile. The pin goes into the muzzle threads and if you have a heavy profile vs a pencil profile, the 1/2x28 threads are the same on each and every barrel. However, 51t mounts as you already know are a little beefy and can give you a different look on the light weight profile barrels. If a can is going over it, it won't matter. I had one on a ELW BCM barrel a while back, but having my M4-2000 on it, was a little too much weight and length. And if running a can, I would go with the thicker profile anyway.

If your not running a suppressor, I would go for a different MD. 51t mounts aren't the easiest to pin and weld either. Or just go for a 16 inch barrel..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-05-16 at 15:25.
    Philippians 4:13