Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any info on Surefire Socom 300?

Feedback Score
    We have shot a few of the pre-production ones for 5k in a day with zero issues on wear. It was done using a Glock 17 and running 10 17 round mags. burn thru the mags and reload. We did notice the piston will slow down after about 400 rounds and would need to be cleaned more frequantly compared to the baffle stack. We finished a MP5 mount so we are going to do a full auto destructive test. As far as a pistol goes we have not had issues or wear.
    Garin Lee
    SureFire Suppressor Division
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    That makes sense, my math skills are dwindling.

What about the durability question? Are you permitted to answer/comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu22 View Post
    We have shot a few of the pre-production ones for 5k in a day with zero issues on wear. It was done using a Glock 17 and running 10 17 round mags. burn thru the mags and reload. We did notice the piston will slow down after about 400 rounds and would need to be cleaned more frequantly compared to the baffle stack. We finished a MP5 mount so we are going to do a full auto destructive test. As far as a pistol goes we have not had issues or wear.

Edit to add: maybe I missed the conversation?

? Why the testing of a rifle can with pistol rounds? I would be more impressed with 5,000 5.56 or 7.62 rounds then 9mm. I'm assuming your commenting about SF's new 9mm can, in which case what does that have to do with the SF 300?

Kudu, I have a SOCOM762-RC and SOCOM556-RC. I plan on buying a 300 SPS specifically for my 300blk SBR. Can you comment on the baffle stack material in comparison to the RC line (full inconel vs. just the blast baffle etc? )

Thanks again Kudu, we appreciate all the replies.
    Last edited by domestique; 08-30-15 at 13:27.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    My bad. I had a message come up about the Ryder 9Ti
    The Socom300-sps had full auto and a lot of semi auto testing. I am not sure of the firing schedule it had but it was not the destructive testing like the other SOCOM suppressors go thru.

The Genesis and SOCOM300-sps have a thick inconel blast baffle and the rest is machined from heat treated SS bar stock.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Socom300-sps had full auto and a lot of semi auto testing. I am not sure of the firing schedule it had but it was not the destructive testing like the other SOCOM suppressors go thru.

The Genesis and SOCOM300-sps have a thick inconel blast baffle and the rest is machined from heat treated SS bar stock.
    Thanks Garin.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Cant wait to try it and compare to my 762 RC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thank you for the follow up.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Garin,

Any predictions on when the Socom SPS will be available for order? My dealer is unable to order them and getting no where with customer service on dates. I already have a SOCOM 5.56 and want to stick with the same system/FH etc.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Do they still ping when you drop the bolt?
    The Warcomp doesn't ring, on bolt closing or firing. It's absolute tits on an SBR. Great control, and I'm pretty sure it's quieter to the shooter than 14.5" with a BCM or Battlecomp, but that's from memory. This is my first SBR and I certainly don't notice any noise penalty whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    The SPS has been available to order for some time. We are now shipping as form 3 are clearing.

I have the first Warcomp-556 on a 10" LMT and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Pure badass. Bad thing is I only have one and all they we can make ship before I can "test" a few more. I know bad times for me.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    The SPS has been available to order for some time. We are now shipping as form 3 are clearing.

I have the first Warcomp-556 on a 10" LMT and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Pure badass. Bad thing is I only have one and all they we can make ship before I can "test" a few more. I know bad times for me.
    How does the 300 SPS do on back pressure compared to other .30 cal precision rifle cans? I've heard that high attenuation designs can really increase the felt recoil on heavy gas guns.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast