Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inforce WML

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm currently running four WMLs and all are rock solid. You could do what I've been doing lately and glob on a little Vibra-Tite VC3 onto your pic rail, let it set until partially dry (somewhere between gummy bear and maple syrup consistency), then clamp your light down. It's not permanent. You can scrape it off easily if you decide to change it out later. I haven't done it with a light, but I've been doing this with the optics and irons on my rifles.. you know.. just in case.

Someone suggested shimming. That would probably work too.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I'm currently running four WMLs and all are rock solid. You could do what I've been doing lately and glob on a little Vibra-Tite VC3 onto your pic rail, let it set until partially dry (somewhere between gummy bear and maple syrup consistency), then clamp your light down. It's not permanent. You can scrape it off easily if you decide to change it out later. I haven't done it with a light, but I've been doing this with the optics and irons on my rifles.. you know.. just in case.

Someone suggested shimming. That would probably work too.
    What rails are you running them on ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Q&A
    How would tightening the screw make any difference? Movement is NOT side to side, it is front to back.
    Side clamping has made no difference. The key is not thick enough to fit the 1913 slot.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Q&A
    How would tightening the screw make any difference? Movement is NOT side to side, it is front to back.
    Side clamping has made no difference. The key is not thick enough to fit the 1913 slot.
    All I know is when I added the shim as mentioned in my above post , my light was tight on my KMR rail with absolutely no movement. I could not move it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Q&A
    Or the slot is longer than 1913 spec.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    No response from Inforce yet.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Well, When I sent my email to Inforce I received an automated reply they would respond in 3 business days. Email was sent Sat 2-7-2015.
    Today is day 4 and I will wait. What else do I have to do?

This is from Earl Pittman of IWC, Impact Weapons Components: I had asked him if they had had any problems since they sell the WML and Mount Combos.

Randy,

There is a tolerance for the width of the recoil slot on the 1913 Picatinny rail and INFORCE builds the cross bar on the WML on the small side on the tolerance, combined with the coating on the KMR and the WMLs limited leverage clamping system and you have the movement you're experiencing.

Best regards,

Earl Pittman
    Managing Partner
    Impact Weapons Components
    www.mount-n-slot.com
    NRA Life Member & Instructor - Pistol=
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    "There is a tolerance for the width of the recoil slot on the 1913 Picatinny rail and INFORCE builds the cross bar on the WML on the small side on the tolerance, combined with the coating on the KMR and the WMLs limited leverage clamping system and you have the movement you're experiencing"

Said like the industry pro he is! The price you pay for a lightweight light with a built in clamp. I they had used a clamp screw that tightened with a tool we would be complaining about busted mounts. I am usually the last one to recommend patching things but here goes. Put a small dab of black RTV in the rail slot, install the light pushed all the way forward and let it dry a couple of days before f...ing with it.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a few WML and have one with movement. I just shimmed it with a piece of tape on the cross bar. No issues since.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    What rails are you running them on ?
    1. Mesa Tactical 870 barrel clamp pic rail
    2. 2 x Gear Sector X300 mounts
    3. KZ bayonet lug to pic rail adapter
    (cheap and rock solid - I tried three different bayo lug adapters before settling on the KZ which really surprised me)

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Said like the industry pro he is! The price you pay for a lightweight light with a built in clamp. I they had used a clamp screw that tightened with a tool we would be complaining about busted mounts. I am usually the last one to recommend patching things but here goes. Put a small dab of black RTV in the rail slot, install the light pushed all the way forward and let it dry a couple of days before f...ing with it.
    Same concept as the vibratite... should work great... Nothing like a little goop to help with your tolerance stacking issues...
    Last edited by Shao; 02-13-15 at 09:55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12