Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harris Bipod - Solid vs. Swivel Base? Do I need swivel for bench target shooting???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think it's been mentioned, but yes, definitely swivel. But also make sure and get a pod loc. Essentially gives you a quick handle to adjust the tension on the swivel. I leave mine fairly tight and then just quickly loosen it up if the situation dictates.

Feedback Score
    I like you only use my bipod on the bench. I had the same delima as you several years ago before I purchased my Harris 6-9 non swivel. I have not regretted my decision, works perfectly and best quality for the buck.

If I was using it on the ground in the field I would get the swivel 9-13 but the height and swivel are not necessary for the bench IMO. Of course if funds are not a problem get one of each and don't worry about our 2 cents!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have all Harris swivel bipods. But the non swivel solid mounted one would work for just bench shooting if the bench is level. I prefer the bipods with leg notches, The 6-9 for bench and the 9-13 for prone shooting.

I also use the T-nuts.com handle for the swivel adjustments. They have a coupon code for 10% off, ar152015 I have three of the metal and stainless handles and am happy with them. The three was for the price of one on the other sites I looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On the Swivel models .... how hard is it to get it lined back up center again?

I do not have or plan on putting any kind of level on my AR so my question in ya it would be nice just in case you are not on level ground or table BUT how do I know when using the swivel function when my rifle is once again straight and level?

I get the purpose of it but correct me if I'm wrong ... without some kind of bubble level you are never 100% sure you are completely level right?

Midway USA has these bipods on sale so I need to figure out which model I am gonna go with.

For my use I am thinking I'll go with the 6-9" length

Now I just need to figure out of the Swivel function is really what I need and if I will even be able to use properly without have a level of some kind.

Thanks for the help guys .... I just sent back my cheap UTG bipod and now I am ready to buy something ... just gotta figure what that is now.
    Current Arms:
    - BCM 16" ELW w/13" KMR on Spikes Lower AR-15
    - Arsenal Bulgarian SAM7R AK47
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - CZ P-10c FDE
    - CZ EVO 3 Carbine FDE
    - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
    - Sig P365
    - Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
    - Ruger Precision Rifle .308
    - Beretta A300 Outlander 12G Shotgun
    - And other stuff I can't talk about

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    You either eyeball level or install a level on your scope mount.

A swivel is necessary for shooting on the ground.

I have a Harris/LaRue and it's an ok bipod. The swivel or cant lock doesn't lock well, so I have to re-level after every shot. Another annoying thing in that the legs rotate making it a PITA to use on hard surfaces.

My newest bipod is an Atlas PSR and it's worth every penny over the Harris.

Feedback Score
    I have a Harris 6-9" swivel on a Larue QD mount, easy swap between all my rifles. I'd recommend a swivel as well but not absolutely needed for benchtop shooting if it's a good flat surface. 6 to 9" handles all my 20 & 30 round mags with room to spare.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    You will always regret not being able to quickly relevel between shots if you don't get one that permits cant adjustment.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Another vote for the swivel. This weekend would be a great time to purchase with all the holiday sales. I picked up a good deal from dsg arms earlier this year. This weekend they are offering 10% off. Hard to beat the price when you buy it with the adm quick release mount.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMO a bipod is almost worthless without the ability to swivel. Take it from a guy who learned his lessons the hard way, it's always cheaper to buy the right way the first time.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234