Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The continued evolution of one rifle (2015) with more insight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great way to deal with the extra cord.

Feedback Score
    How do feel about the aimpoint reticle when using the magnifier? Does the red dot maintain the same MOA at 3x mag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by npena84 View Post
    How do feel about the aimpoint reticle when using the magnifier? Does the red dot maintain the same MOA at 3x mag?
    Sorry for the late reply, have been away for a while. I compensate by turning down the power level of the AP with the magnification in place for more precise shots. The 2 MOA dot on the PRO is pretty crisp.

Feedback Score
    Some changes have been made. Picked up a new PSA Blem lower for $130 (I can't see any blemish on it, it's finished better than my Colt 6920 lower). Put the BCM stock and an extra Magpul K2 grip I had laying around. Also installed the Ergo Gapper for the trigger guard.

I had to pick up a new case due to having an extra AR now, I went with the LaRue Covert Case MKII. Spendy as hell, but it's made very well and is modular.

Size Comparison to the Black Hawk Covert Carry bag (I already have 2 of these, and each is roughly 1/3 the cost of the LaRue bag):

The bag also houses a G17 and G17 mags. Not seen are the stored AR mags and Harris Bipod under the Otis cleaning kit.

Added the Magpul MLOK covers for traction and as a heat shield. I ran this upper on a M16 lower and the ALG EMR got a little too hot (especially the area around the gas block). I learned on what worked and what didn't when I put this upper on the M16 lower.

I've moved my SF M300 to my 6920 (to keep the weight down on the Colt), and moved the TLR-1 back to the BCM. I also picked up a Switch Rail navigation/task light by Princeton Tech. Nice small package, but not worth the retail/MSRP. I would pay around $40 tops for it, but at least it's got long battery life, somewhat submersible in water, and made in the USA. Mounted on the Magpul MLOK aluminum offset mount for easy access with support thumb. No grip change required when actuating the TLR-1 pressure pad or the Switch Rail light.

Complete rifle as of now. I moved the Geissele trigger over to this new lower. I'm contemplating adding the BADASS selectors later on.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Looks good. So are there any original parts from this configuration? Besides the sling..

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Looks good. So are there any original parts from this configuration? Besides the sling..
    Ha! The A2 Birdcage, as it was never painted!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome progression!!! Thank you for sharing!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Awesome progression!!! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Added some new parts and changed some others; will keep it like this for time being.

New muzzle device: OSS Bannar Alpha. I have always used the A2 birdcage in all my shooting, and this is my first time venturing with brakes. OSS advertises this as a "flash hiding brake." Reviews from others say that this device has less concussion compared to other brakes...but I have yet to verify this claim. I like how design on paper, which is why I went with it to try it out. No range report yet on this one.

Finally also picked up the BAD selectors. Well machined/made, nothing remarkable to report about them. I like using my trigger finger to use flick the safety to safe (on the support side).

Light configuration: Went back to the SF Scout light. The TLR 1 worked well, but I still prefer the simplified SF light directly bolted on via MLOK and this configuration is noticeably lighter weight. Rail Switch task light has been moved over to make room for SF, but still can be actuated with thumb.

Rifle as of now:

Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 09-01-15 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Ha! The A2 Birdcage, as it was never painted!
    And now that is gone...... LOL

Looks good. Intended to see how that FH/brake works.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast