Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: block II CQBR or MK18 mod1

Feedback Score
    Is there a specific reason why SOCOM don't issue the monster version, and the 20th SFGA purchased them anyway ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aac View Post
    Is there a specific reason why SOCOM don't issue the monster version, and the 20th SFGA purchased them anyway ?
    Which came first? Monster didn't come out until after the SOCOM RC and been bought and issued.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    OK, you mean SOCOM invested already in a very large batch of RC's, and wont switch immediately to the newest model on a large scale, due to budget reasons ?
    How's the performance of the mini SureFire SOCOM's, compared tot the full length RC's , BTW ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aac View Post
    OK, you mean SOCOM invested already in a very large batch of RC's, and wont switch immediately to the newest model on a large scale, due to budget reasons ?
    How's the performance of the mini SureFire SOCOM's, compared tot the full length RC's , BTW ?
    The regular 5.56 SOCOM is right on the edge of hearing safe, I imagine anything more compact wouldn't be. The length added to a 10.3" MK18 is pretty minimal already. I can't imagine wanting anything shorter. The latest model is the RC2, which doesn't offer significant improvement over the issued SOCOM RC to justify a new contract. Maybe it will happen in the future, but I honestly can't think of a reason to unless surefire came up with a smaller/lighter suppressor that had the same level of performance.

Rick

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567