Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I got the MCX 5.56 pistol and it's still on the heavy side. Around 6.8lbs empty and clean.

I don't know what SIG was thinking when they made the Virtus heavier than the MCX. Most of the added weight looks like its in the barrel. You could always look into having it turned down.
    They probably wanted to improve the accuracy more when the barrel got hot, and from my experience with two of them and the vid review below, I believe they were successful, but with the increase of some additional weight. I don't believe on shorter barrels like 11.5 and under, a heavier barrel would be needed as much to maintain its accuracy when hot. At least on my 9 inch 300 virtus pistol the balance point is back further and the weight is not as noticable as with longer barrels.

MCX Virtus Mid Test Review review. Accuracy test target is at 100 meters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty-XV4DHRRY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg

got it how I want it, now just need to shoot it!

Chris
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quick Pic with its new brace, no front sight, light or can at the moment. Probably the best pistol brace currently out there. One thing to know if you are using this brace with Sig folding stock rifles is, this brace may not lay flat against the side of the weapon when folded unless you have the brace extended all the way out. This is due to the shape of the brace profile where you put your cheek, as it has a shelf to it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-24-18 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Quick Pic with its new brace, no front sight, light or can at the moment. Probably the best pistol brace currently out there. One thing to know if you are using this brace with Sig folding stock rifles is, this brace may not lay flat against the side of the weapon when folded unless you have the brace extended all the way out. This is due to the shape of the brace profile where you put your cheek, as it has a shelf to it.
    shockwave doesnt fold flat either.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "pistol" zeroed today. firearm shoots well, only issue I had with it was pulling back on magazine did cause a failure to feed. Only brought one type of magazine aluminum with magpul follower, so don't know if issue will persist. Not willing to call that a problem with the firearm yet.

Chris

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anybody see the story on SSD today about Sig winning the SURG contact?

I have to assume this is the MCX Virtus, or a variation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Anybody see the story on SSD today about Sig winning the SURG contact?

I have to assume this is the MCX Virtus, or a variation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    That's the speculation. We should have a press release in a few days as to what actually won.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I got the MCX 5.56 pistol and it's still on the heavy side. Around 6.8lbs empty and clean.

I don't know what SIG was thinking when they made the Virtus heavier than the MCX. Most of the added weight looks like its in the barrel. You could always look into having it turned down.
    End users requested it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    End users requested it.
    In response, IIRC, to the MCX's accuracy... issues.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast