Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/Rncdh3L8BXE

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://youtu.be/Rncdh3L8BXE

Interesting idea, especially if the HPA ever makes progress (not holding breath). Any concern with needing to send the entire upper away should your suppressor need service?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Interesting idea, especially if the HPA ever makes progress (not holding breath). Any concern with needing to send the entire upper away should your suppressor need service?
    I don't know how SIG plans to roll this out but all they really need to sell is a suppressed barrel. And the forend.

If and when the suppressor needs service it should be as simple as pulling the barrel.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't know how SIG plans to roll this out but all they really need to sell is a suppressed barrel. And the forend.

If and when the suppressor needs service it should be as simple as pulling the barrel.

Bingo.

I mean, barrel pulls are easy enough.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got about 100 rounds of both 223 and 300BLK though the new rifle. It really seems to want to shoot in 223 with 55gr and 62gr stuff running 2 or 2.5 inches at 100. Heavy 300BLK stuff also shoots okay as does my 110gr Nosler handload. It doesn't really like PNW 147gr. And factory Hornady 110gr stuff is okay. Nothing tremendous.

No malfunctions with a variety of ammo and mags. The 223 barrel works fine on the small gas setting. The 300BLK works fine with supersonic stuff on the small setting. And it works fine with subs suppressed on the small setting. With no can attached it will run on the large setting. I don't really care too much about proper function with un-suppressed subs but some people insist on it. So it should work for those guys too.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    If anyone wants a patrol model they are on sale for $1100 at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-mcx-p...=Daily%20Email
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    If anyone wants a patrol model they are on sale for $1100 at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-mcx-p...=Daily%20Email
    Wow. Nice price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And remember, parts wise, these will be supported for some time to come, due to contracts. (The Legacy models)
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    GrabaGun also has the MCX pistol for $1,149.

Anyone with experience on the original MCX pistol who can comment on the accuracy? I had an MCX Patrol and it tended to walk the rounds as the gun heated up. Is the 11.5" barrel better in this regard as far as being consistent with it's accuracy?
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 11-10-17 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    And remember, parts wise, these will be supported for some time to come, due to contracts. (The Legacy models)
    That is my understanding. London Metro is running around the city with the older MCX rifles and Sig has sold more legacy MCX rifles than total production of the 556 after more than a decade of sales. It would be hard for them to walk away from it, although they have abandoned customers before. I hope for their sake they don't do it this time. Their reputation could use a boost More and more people mention them alongside remington these days.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-11-17 at 02:22.

Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast