Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Too bad it don't run.

Plus, enter the SIG QC issues... and the fact that no one is asking for it?

MCX is DOA.
    Wasn't the MCX made for the LVAW contract and in use now?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    What contract are you speaking of?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    What contract are you speaking of?
    http://soldiersystems.net/2015/04/02...ations-to-sig/

It "won", but to what extent it's being put to use is probably not going to be public knowledge. And just for the record, Chunk you do have time behind the MCX, right?
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 01-09-16 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    Just so I'm tracking, some of you guys are judging the mcx based off the Mac video? do most people in this thread have the rifle? Genuinely asking.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post

It "won", but to what extent it's being put to use is probably not going to be public knowledge. And just for the record, Chunk you do have time behind the MCX, right?
    and it was at the MARSOC booth at Modern Day Marine as well.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgknight View Post
    Just so I'm tracking, some of you guys are judging the mcx based off the Mac video? do most people in this thread have the rifle? Genuinely asking.
    I have an MCX and the design is great. I'm waiting for the handguard with the round profile to come out from SIG. Also planning on changing the flash hider to a Surefire - might even get it cut down and pinned since the barrel is easily removable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post

Very little. I shot maybe 3 mags through one and the owner let me shoot it so he could shoot the MR SBR that I have. I will say I didn't have a problem with the stock at all... truth be told I'm a heavier dude so it never really dug into me. I have a lot of time on the MPX and for as much as I like it, I just won't buy one until parts are readily available.

Feedback Score
    The MCX has been tempting me lately, possibly a little too much. I think I know where my tax returns will be heading this year.

I've just recently taken a real interest in the gun in the last few months, but its seems that things are starting to look up. Sig has had quite a few delays, but the various different types are stocks are finally starting to ship out and they just released the .300 Blackout version of the full sized rifle. I hate to sound like a Sig defender, but with the political climate over the past few years and the way gun sales have been hitting records highs for months on end, it's pretty easy to see why their new products have been delayed. They also aren't alone in this, just look at Colt and some of the products they've had on display over the last few SHOT shows.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I'm over 500 with the 5.56 one and logged almost 100 yesterday on the new 300blk(two pos gas) neither has had a single malfunction. The 300 ran the Barnes Vortex 110 grain, which was accurate for the platform(one sub moa and one 1 1/4"), rem 120, fiocchi 150, Hornady 110 vmax and armscor 147 which was a tie with rem for ball accuracy 2- 2 1/2" which is about what I expected based on the 5.56 one.
    Did this with the stock trigger and 4x scope.
    I do like this gun, very light, easy to maintain, carry and shoot. The WOTG sling is perfect for it as well.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Yes, as I said in Post #315.

The problem is, "LVAW" is a Mk 23... nobody is asking for it.

Also, seeing as the MCX "won," I would question the evaluation criteria that went into selecting it... particularly sustainability.

Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast