Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    You just won the best gun pic props award, tell me where can a guy pick up a Warrior Monk votive candle?
    Vato Tactical. Great bunch of guys.

https://squareup.com/store/vatotactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    You just won the best gun pic props award, tell me where can a guy pick up a Warrior Monk votive candle?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by interfan View Post

Awesome, thanks!

He has some good stuff on there.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Shot 50 round of unsuppressed supersonic (Remny 120 and Barnes Black Tip); this time on the proper gas setting. This time I had 100% reliability.

I REALLY like this platform as a 300 blk SBR/PDW. As a full length carbine - meh.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Has the MCX trigger been improved?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm starting to see the MCX pistols with the folding sig brace pop up in stock. As a 5.56mm pistol, I am attracted to the concept. I owned one of the earlier 16" carbines. That gun would have groups open up quickly (5-6 MOA +) as the gun heated up.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the MCX pistols in 5.56? I would be especially interested in hearing about group consistency.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I'm starting to see the MCX pistols with the folding sig brace pop up in stock. As a 5.56mm pistol, I am attracted to the concept. I owned one of the earlier 16" carbines. That gun would have groups open up quickly (5-6 MOA +) as the gun heated up.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the MCX pistols in 5.56? I would be especially interested in hearing about group consistency.
    The shorter barrels seem to be more accurate by a good margin. I am not an engineer but it would appear the the method of barrel retention might not be up to the task for the longer barrels. It would make sense as the MCX was conceived as a short barrel 300blk carbine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Has the MCX trigger been improved?
    My factory trigger sits right at about 9.5 lbs. I'm tempted to replace it, but this whole bolt carrier recall has put a hold on that for now. I've yet to hear a consensus as to which after market triggers will work with the new carrier. It seems that people running after market triggers had them swapped out for SSA's when they sent their rifles back to Sig. I'm also hearing that those triggers require a special FPS marked "G" presumably for Geiselle. Thus, I'm reluctant to order a SSA since the new bolt carrier that Sig sent me is not marked "G", and I don't trust the semi-trained monkeys that answers the CS calls to know the answer.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-03-17 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    From my testing and posted elsewhere, thought I posted here.

Ok, Non "G" marked firing pin safety, standard (stock) Sig trigger. Installed an ALG ACT trigger and it passes a functions check and I can see the firing pin being released by viewing through the mag well and into the weep hole on the carriage body. Will try to test fire in the next two days.

EDIT
    Test fired, works great! My guess is Sig doesn't know the dimensional differences in the ACT verses the SSA, etc and replaced those with them and added a different FPS. Anyhow, have a SSA now! I don't see why they just didn't use the one FPS that will work with the stock trigger, an ACT and as we know the SSA, guessing it would work with anything, but I'm not paying the bills.[/quote]

In case anyone missed it.

non "G" marked, works with standard or ALG
    "G" marked, works with SSA AND standard and ALG.

So if you need the SSA for another gun, stick the ALG back in.

This was an earlier post than the above.

Ok, test fired the .300 with "G" FPS and Sig supplied SSA, all went well. Tried the MCX lower with STOCK SIG trigger on the upper with "G" FPS and it works fine. Then tried the lower with SSA on the non "G" FPS and it WILL NOT work.

You can see the slight difference with the "G" FPS. The SSA hammer is shorter, guess that's why they needed a different FPS--question is-why not just have that one for all of them?

Parts not necessarily in correct position. This is a non G FPS and normal AR trigger.

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Throw an ALG in it and you may get an SSA back with a $50 online card. You will get the ALG back, then you have a SSA
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast