Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    According to sig yesterday all orders to be filled with in 2 weeks. Handguards and triggers will also be available.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Sitting in tax stamp jail

is this based on the virtus or the previous generations?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    is this based on the virtus or the previous generations?
    Has the virtus trigger but gen 2 rail. Its like version 2.5

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I folded. I have a Rattler on the way. Hopefully I'll have it in hand next week. I missed the one on the shelf by a couple of hours.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I folded. I have a Rattler on the way. Hopefully I'll have it in hand next week. I missed the one on the shelf by a couple of hours.
    Its like legos. It can be a rattler, pdw, pistol and full size rifle.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    They actually had one on the shelf? I'd heard that the Virtus had been pulled from distributors.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    They actually had one on the shelf? I'd heard that the Virtus had been pulled from distributors.
    It might be due to the recall on the MCX 2 stage triggers.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It might be due to the recall on the MCX 2 stage triggers.

I haven't heard that. It would make sense as the rattler definitely did not have the two stage trigger when I was messing with it. Thankfully they had magpul K grips instead of that horrible looking Sig grip as well.

The dealer in question is a Sig Elite dealer and they have not yet received a Virtus but had a pair of Rattler pistols that shipped immediately. It looks like they are able to get more immediately as well. Sig might have over estimated the demand for a 5.5in pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't heard that. It would make sense as the rattler definitely did not have the two stage trigger when I was messing with it.
    Yeah. I got an email from SIG last week saying that a batch of the 2stage triggers had been found to have a bad heat treat. SIG said I could send the gun back or just the trigger.

I opted to send the gun as I've continually had cycling issues with it. This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've sent it back. Right now it seems to be overgassed and will stovepipe when I run it with a can in place. This is on the small setting and with 300BLK supersonic.

When I originally bought the rifle from Cabela's it had the auto gas system and worked fine with either type of ammo. Then I sent it back to have the gas system updated to the manual system. It still seemed to work okay. Then I sent it back for the bolt upgrade and it has been a turd ever since.

I'm not sure why I haven't given up on it yet. Partly because I like the idea of the rifle and think the design has potential. Partly because I don't want to pawn my problem off on someone else. And lastly because I think SIG should fix it. We're talking about their flagship rifle here not some budget AR from PSA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It appears that the trigger recall does not infact pertain to the virtus and its lack of availability is instead good old fashion inability to manage production schedules. It does look that one did ship yesterday to my FFL of preference so I may look it over and pick it up instead of the Rattler but I would prefer a 300bk.

I gave up on my first MCX after I was on my third changing handle. I am willing to give it another go because they fixed the portion of the design that I found lacking but as you can tell from my signature field I have a rather complicated and unflattering view of Sig's management. We shall see.

If this one is a turd I will just stick to proved performers. There are a lot of respected people that have thrown their name behind this carbine and it has more potential than anything else out there. Sig just needs to step up and maintain quality control, the thing has roots with the HK 416 design team for ****s sake.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 09-20-17 at 05:22.

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast